Primosole Bridge Questions

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

This CG looks like it has a very unique 'Italian campaign' feel. Looking it over a few questions have arisen:
1. Due to the EXC in PBR17.2, same-level LOS from Q20 to Q23 will have a hindrance of +2, right?
2. When units are purchased in Reserve, and an Idle date is generated, must those units set up in Reserve on the next played date? Since Refit after an Idle day skips directly to Step 3.612 it appears so.
3. What happens during Refit to blazes in brush hexes? What if those brush hexes had Entrenchments in them?
4. What is the correct pronunciation of Primosole? My guess, with no literacy at all in Italian, is Pree-moh-so-lay.

Thanks, Joshua

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
JOS said:
1. Due to the EXC in PBR17.2, same-level LOS from Q20 to Q23 will have a hindrance of +2, right?
Yes. Two intervening "brush hexsides" : that makes fire from one side of the river to the other not very effective...
JOS said:
4. What is the correct pronunciation of Primosole? My guess, with no literacy at all in Italian, is Pree-moh-so-lay.
You got it right (roll the "r").
Now, there is a problem about the name itself.
I saw "Primasole" more often than "Primosole" on maps and reading about the event.
It seems the true one is PrimOsole - at least, it is what is on the Internet map of the itinerary site I just have looked down.

Last edited:

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JOS said:
2. When units are purchased in Reserve, and an Idle date is generated, must those units set up in Reserve on the next played date? Since Refit after an Idle day skips directly to Step 3.612 it appears so.
I think they would be considered retained, but I could be wrong.

JOS said:
3. What happens during Refit to blazes in brush hexes? What if those brush hexes had Entrenchments in them?
Th blaze is removed. The brush (and any Entrenchment) remains.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
PrimOsole

Robin said:
Yes. Two intervening "brush hexsides" : that makes fire from one side of the river to the other not very effective...You got it right (roll the "r").
Now, there is a problem about the name itself.
I saw "Primasole" more often than "Primosole" on maps and reading about the event.
It seems the true one is PrimOsole - at least, it is what is on the Internet map of the itinerary site I just have looked down.
Primosole is the only correct word.
BTW I live in Sicily, not more far away than 200 Kms from that bridge.
ecz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
ecz said:
Primosole is the only correct word.
BTW I live in Sicily, not more far away than 200 Kms from that bridge.
ecz
Thanks!
How strange that "a" appeared in the word...
Makes me remember an old Avalon Hill game (D-Day?), where the "Pointe du Hoc" was spelled "Pointe du Hoe"...:rolleyes:

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the answers - am looking forward to trying this one.

Enjoy, Joshua