Primosole Bridge - Initial CGI / CGIII Italian Setup

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I wonder if someone can tell me if I am interpreting the initial setup restrictions for the Italians in Primosole Bridge CGs I and III correctly. Full sentence is:

set up on or adjacent to at least one Paved Road Hex in a building or fortification with <= 1 MMC per hex
Does this mean:

a. you must set up in buildings or fortifications that are on or adjacent to at least one Paved Road hex?

or

b. if you set up in a building it must be adjacent to a Paved Road Hex, but if you set up in a fortification then it can be in a fortification not on or adjacent to at least one Paved Road hex?

I think (a) is the natural reading and that the first part about the Paved Road hex would apply to both setup in a building or fortification, with the 1 MMC per hex applying to both situations as well.

Have I got this right? If so, it would not let the Italians set up in some of their fortifications and buildings which are not-adjacent to a Paved Road hex.

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you're correct, only exception is the truck which sets up on the road.

Not a lot of mystery in the Italian set up as they end up in almost all the buildings/forts possible. You can use the night dummies (that's the counters, not the italians ;) ) to at least hide which hexes have the guns. Otherwise the empty hexes are a dead giveaway.

Paul