Pricing on PDF items

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Note however that not all scenarios are published with existing errata. Unless the scenarios are listed as updated one should still check the official errata to ensure they are currently accurate. [EX: ASL SCENARIO A77. Current errata should note to flip board 14 180 degrees but the scenario as published in the e-Annuals makes no note of it]. I have run across several others to include changes in VC requirements, number of turns changed, other board alignment changes and alterations to OBs but with no note of these errata changes noted to the scenarios therein. I haven't completed a total review of both Annual & Journal scenarios but have about 30 errata changes not noted so far.
Good work!

Maybe MMP takes advantage of the strength of electronic products in this regard which make it much easier to incorprate changes/corrections. They could do that based on your list and give you a free download of the corrected versions for your effort, while subsequent downloads of purchases made from MMP's electronic retailers would also have the benefit of receiving the corrected versions, adding to the value. Pretty much everyone could win by this.

von Marwitz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
aybe MMP takes advantage of the strength of electronic products in this regard which make it much easier to incorprate changes/corrections. They could do that based on your list and give you a free download of the corrected versions for your effort, while subsequent downloads of purchases made from MMP's electronic retailers would also have the benefit of receiving the corrected versions, adding to the value. Pretty much everyone could win by this.
Problem is with those Annual/Journal scenarios that have errata and have not been re-issued, is that they would need to be re-created/laid-out/proofread. That is work that would need to be done. I am guessing some of the Journal scenarios might exist in a useable electronic format, but I doubt any of the Annual scenarios do.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Problem is with those Annual/Journal scenarios that have errata and have not been re-issued, is that they would need to be re-created/laid-out/proofread. That is work that would need to be done. I am guessing some of the Journal scenarios might exist in a useable electronic format, but I doubt any of the Annual scenarios do.
I'd pay a couple extra bucks if they just use the PDF comments feature to note where a change is in the PDF.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'd pay a couple extra bucks if they just use the PDF comments feature to note where a change is in the PDF.
Could be done - easy enough to add. Is it possible to do that in the PDF by by oneself?, or are they protected in some/any way against that?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Could be done - easy enough to add. Is it possible to do that in the PDF by by oneself?, or are they protected in some/any way against that?
i haven’t tried saving the file with them in it, but my comments would likely get lost on the pdf push?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you use the PDF comments you can certainly post the changes yourself to the PDF. Much errata has been added, even to scenarios that haven't been updated, but certainly not all and I even found one that had only some of the errata noted but did not change the VC requirements as noted in a later Annual.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If you use the PDF comments you can certainly post the changes yourself to the PDF. Much errata has been added, even to scenarios that haven't been updated, but certainly not all and I even found one that had only some of the errata noted but did not change the VC requirements as noted in a later Annual.
Are you saying that those scenarios that have not been updated/re-issued and for which errata exists has that errata incorporated into these PDF files?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you saying that those scenarios that have not been updated/re-issued and for which errata exists has that errata incorporated into these PDF files?
Yes, some of them have been issued with errata published as a side note at various places on the scenario card. However,be advised not all scenarios for which errata has been previously issued are so annotated. [EX: See ASL SCENARIO A76 NIGHT DROP where it has the published errata annotated on the card in the lower right of the U.S. OB area (page 422) as opposed to A77 on the next page (page 423) that doesn't mention that board 14 should be flipped.].