Precision Dice

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OMG! You're all nuts. It's this simple. Any 6 sided dice, precision or not, has a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 1 thru 6. End of discussion. LOL! My custom Dice of War Dice are $3.00 each. The precision dice of choice on this site are $10 to $15 each. I choose the $3.00 dice.

Last edited:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
OMG! You're all nuts. It's this simple. Any 6 sided dice, precision or not, has a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 1 thru 6. End of discussion. LOL! My custom Dice of War Dice are $3.00 each. The precision dice of choice on this site are $20 to $25 each. I choose the $3.00 dice.
More like $10 each, they were around $8 when I bought them. And if that $20-$40 difference moves you, you've chosen a weird game to be into.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You’re right. I mostly play VASL. :p

But I’d spend what I spent on precision dice again in a heartbeat to know they’re fair for just a couple games. It’s a drop in the bucket. <shrug>
Wow! Such conviction. Your the type of guy that will keep this going forever. Your ignored!

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OMG! You're all nuts. It's this simple. Any 6 sided dice, precision or not, has a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a 1 thru 6. End of discussion. LOL! My custom Dice of War Dice are $3.00 each. The precision dice of choice on this site are $10 to $15 each. I choose the $3.00 dice.
Strangely enough I have found that my dice do not wear out..........so it is a once in a lifetime purchase ;)

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Though this article does not compare precision dice from non-precision dice I think it does illustrate that non-precision dice are less likely to have an 'even' distribution of rolls that fall within the standard deviation. The comparison is between D20 dies of Chessex and GameSciene manufacture and not d6 dies. If the dice one uses produce results so far outside of the standard deviation they cannot be considered fair which is why people use (and ask others to use) precision dice, to have higher confidence that the results are derived fairly.

https://www.awesomedice.com/blog/353/d20-dice-randomness-test-chessex-vs-gamescience/

Last edited: