Poverty isn't a lack of character

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But that means the wealthy aren't better than the poor, and if we who aren't poor, even if we are, cannot look down on others.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'they deserve their poverty' - the age old and common refrain designed to maintain control.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But that means the wealthy aren't better than the poor, and if we who aren't poor, even if we are, cannot look down on others.
It's a lack of wisdom...

Three Things!
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Get a job (any job)
  3. Don't Have Children Out of Wedlock
You do just these three things you are 75% likely to never experience poverty. Throw in additional education (college or trades) and that number rises 10-15%. Pile on a savings/investment plan and you add in another 5% or so.

If you check the last census your would find most of the poor have...
A 2bdr+ home
Multiple flatpanel TV's
Multiple vehicles
Multiple smartphones (cell service)
cable
etc...

The poor in the USA aren't poor...the poverty line is an arbitrary number that doesn't really mean a lot.

I don't look down on the poor...because I was one of them. So I know exactly why my family was poor and I can tell you it ain't "the man" keeping them down. When you can pack out your fridge with beer and load up on cartons of cigs every weekend it isn't about money, it is about priorities and choices.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'they deserve their poverty' - the age old and common refrain designed to maintain control.
What control? Maybe a little bit of self control would go a long way to getting out of poverty.

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's a lack of wisdom...

Three Things!
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Get a job (any job)
  3. Don't Have Children Out of Wedlock
You do just these three things you are 75% likely to never experience poverty. Throw in additional education (college or trades) and that number rises 10-15%. Pile on a savings/investment plan and you add in another 5% or so.

If you check the last census your would find most of the poor have...
A 2bdr+ home
Multiple flatpanel TV's
Multiple vehicles
Multiple smartphones (cell service)
cable
etc...

The poor in the USA aren't poor...the poverty line is an arbitrary number that doesn't really mean a lot.

I don't look down on the poor...because I was one of them. So I know exactly why my family was poor and I can tell you it ain't "the man" keeping them down. When you can pack out your fridge with beer and load up on cartons of cigs every weekend it isn't about money, it is about priorities and choices.
You forgot:
4. Be white

The only reason you got out.

Edit to add: I am referring to the scrote animal.

Last edited:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The poverty rate has effectively flatlined from 1970 to 2017...regardless of the economy, who's in the WH, who controls congress, etc. So after spending billions (trillions?) for the "war on poverty" the US has absolutely nothing to show for it.

To me there could be no greater indicator that poverty is primarily the result of personal choices rather than environmental affects.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Never made much if any money...just managed to support my own pathetic habit. Than God for getting me out of that lifestyle.
That's making money you dope. If you're so retarded you then spend the money on the vice, you still made the fucking money to do so.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's making money you dope. If you're so retarded you then spend the money on the vice, you still made the fucking money to do so.
Buy X at cost Y...sell X less R for cost Y...use R...

So no...no money/cash made.

I guess it depends on whether your definition of money means cash or just a value.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How can someone be so thick!
It's an interesting take on things.

I buy something for £100, sell it for £200 then go and spend the £100 PROFIT on a hooker then I broke even. Interesting. Very, err, interesting.

I'm gonna hedge a bet here and suggest that Tater isn't in finance.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Buy X at cost Y...sell X less R for cost Y...use R...

So no...no money/cash made.

I guess it depends on whether your definition of money means cash or just a value.
You still made money. You just spent it on your own dope. How hard is it to understand that?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You still made money. You just spent it on your own dope. How hard is it to understand that?
The dope took it's toll on cognative function. Next he'll tell you that coupons from Chipolte's will pay for the wall.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's total genius this.

Boss: "Hey Martin. That client who we made £10k profit from. What happened to the profit".

Martin: "We broke even"

Boss: "How come"

Martin: "I spent the profit on Tater's smack. So we broke even"

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You forgot:
4. Be white

The only reason you got out.
With all of my heart: fuck off. There are a lot of poor folk in this country. The majority of them are white. If white was all it took and the only reason for getting out, then why are they there? -- jim

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With all of my heart: fuck off. There are a lot of poor folk in this country. The majority of them are white. If white was all it took and the only reason for getting out, then why are they there? -- jim
Sorry, let me clarify: the chief reason he got out is by being white. He’d be in jail or termed an “ex-con” otherwise and still be poor almost no matter how hard he worked.

Depending on where one lives, being white may also be an advantage, but like I said in the other thread, I do not think it’s as pervasive as some would have you believe. And I do think one still has to work for it, obviously. Well, most would, anyway.

To add: I apologize for my general sweep. It was meant as a jab at the scrote animal; may hell greet him warmly!

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To add: I apologize for my general sweep. It was meant as a jab at the scrote animal; may hell greet him warmly!
Apology accepted. Never happened. -- jim

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
While as an atheist hell is a scare the children fairy tale, I still wouldn't wish that on someone. I wish he would think through his vile opinions and maybe shut up, though.

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While as an atheist hell is a scare the children fairy tale, I still wouldn't wish that on someone. I wish he would think through his vile opinions and maybe shut up, though.
I actually almost removed it for being a bit too over the top, but I really liked the humor in the wording, so I left it.