Potential TOAW Newbie

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm thinking about jumping into the TOAW world. What is the unit scale of this game - Comapny, Battalion, Brigade? What release of this game should I look for? Where is the best online place to order it? Any hints from you veterans for an "old rookie" would help. I used to play AH's Panzer Leader quite a bit; is TOAW anything like it?

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd buy it from these guys... Naval Warfare Simulations as they seem to have it cheaper than Take-2.

A Century of Warfare is the only version you should even consider buying.

Scale is variable, but mostly battalion through division scale. But the game system is variable enough you can play a single beach on NOrmandy up to the entire war in Europe in WWII, or even WWIII. Best game of its kind out there right now.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

With the ability to play individual engagements up to entire campaigns, TOAW CoW is the way to go.

Crash

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Doctor said:
I'm thinking about jumping into the TOAW world. What is the unit scale of this game - Comapny, Battalion, Brigade? What release of this game should I look for? Where is the best online place to order it? Any hints from you veterans for an "old rookie" would help. I used to play AH's Panzer Leader quite a bit; is TOAW anything like it?
I'm about a month or two ahead of you and I really enjoy it. Looking at the graphics you'll be surprised at the depth of the game...that I've been able to figure out so far.

This board is really helpful, both the threads and the AAR. You'll also find yourself doing quite a bit of research which adds a real learning takeaway.

Highly addictive. I've been cooking dinner much more then I used to both gain brownie points (read playing time) and get a few turns in on the computer without being too obvious :D

I've also been farting around with Highway to the Reich. Better graphics and real time play but not as expansive scenario-wise.

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Guys!

I ordered it from Naval Warfare Sims and it was delivered on Friday. I'm sure I'll be offering myself up as cannon fodder soon. ;)

Jscott

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
Thanks Guys!

I ordered it from Naval Warfare Sims and it was delivered on Friday. I'm sure I'll be offering myself up as cannon fodder soon. ;)
Just curious how long it took from order to receipt. I ordered on Sunday morning so it should be processed today. I hope to get it by the weekend.