Post Election Selection Stress

Post Election Selection Stress - Serious Condition or Whiny Liberals

• YES! This is a true affliction!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • NO! These people need to get a life (or a job)!

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I just heard that psychiatrists are diagnosing cases of "Post-Election Selection Stress". People are claiming that because Bush won they are stressed out and exhibitng symptoms similar to, I swear I am not making this up, Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Is it just me, or is our great nation, forged by stiff backed frontiersmen, turning into a bunch of lily-livered crybabies. If Bush lost I would have been disappointed, but I wouldn't be seeing a therapist over it.

What say you?

Last edited:

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted No; but Vincent D'Onoforio, the star of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, is so distraught that he has been fainting on the set. It could be his PTSD comes from having played Private "Pile" in "Full Metal Jacket" though.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure it's recognized as a disorder and people are suffering from it. I've got a terminal case of 'life' that I'll eventually die from too. Sucks. :laugh:

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
I voted "Yes". I'm sure these people are really under a lot of stress, the majority of it self-inflicted. That doesn't make it any less "real" for them in their experience.

I think this can be attributed to the overly heated nature of this past election. I know other elections have been hottly contested in the past, but the difference with this election is that BOTH sides did a pretty good job at convincing the voting public that this election was THE defining event of their life time. Furthermore, they constantly told us that if the "other" guy won, life as we know it would be over! I'm sure this has a lot to do with the feelings of stress and anxiety these folks feel.

As for the Republicans "getting over it" and "moving on" if Bush had lost, I'm sure there would be enough people on that side of the fence who would have been just as distraught. They may not have gone to therapy or tried to get in touch with their feelings, but I'm sure they would have acted out in a befitting manner.

- Rick

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We'd have just buried a few extra assault rifles and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo in our back yards, stocked up on dried food and bottled water, invested in that water purification system we had our eyes on and then had a good three day drinking binge. How do you think we got through the first two years of Clinton? Besides, if Kerry won, Limbaugh, Hannity and Liddy would have been that much more entertaining...maybe John O'Neill could have gotten his own show!!!

But, Bush won and we'll just have to put at least some of that survivalist money back into the stock market :rolleyes:. But it is fun watching the Streisands, D'Onoforios and Dixie Chicks go into apoplectic seizures!!! ;)

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
I voted No; but Vincent D'Onoforio, the star of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, is so distraught that he has been fainting on the set. It could be his PTSD comes from having played Private "Pile" in "Full Metal Jacket" though.

Thats the same dude??

freightshaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see how it could cause a problem. Yesterday I was diagnosed with Employment Dependancy Stress Syndrome (EDSS). It seems that if I don't work I run out of money and can't pay my bills. This has really affected my life drastically. I'm glad that now, since I have an excuse, I can apply for disability and be able to stay at home all day while still recieving money. Thanks all you hardworking taxpayers!!!

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
The Doctor said:
We'd have just buried a few extra assault rifles and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo in our back yards, stocked up on dried food and bottled water, invested in that water purification system we had our eyes on and then had a good three day drinking binge. How do you think we got through the first two years of Clinton? Besides, if Kerry won, Limbaugh, Hannity and Liddy would have been that much more entertaining...maybe John O'Neill could have gotten his own show!!!

But, Bush won and we'll just have to put at least some of that survivalist money back into the stock market :rolleyes:. But it is fun watching the Streisands, D'Onoforios and Dixie Chicks go into apoplectic seizures!!! ;)
Hey, hey, hey! With Kerry you wouldn't need the water purification system because he would have made sure the EPA oversaw a return to safe drinking water.

- Rick

BigDog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See Doc thats the difference between us crazy Libertarians and you Republicans. We have already taken those measures long ago :D

No Pirateship its not just you. This country needs a serious backbone injection and fast. If you need to see a therapist over election results you probably should consider removing yourself from the gene pool.

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:
Hey, hey, hey! With Kerry you wouldn't need the water purification system because he would have made sure the EPA oversaw a return to safe drinking water.

- Rick

Correction. He would have had a PLAN to deal with it :D

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have PES. I am still getting idiots from both parties calling my house about the elections and Bush's performance to date (since the election!). I am now no longer even pretending to be polite to them. I pity the poor bastard that comes to my door like they did before the election. :mad:

Goblin

MountainMan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm stressed by income taxes, but I think I know the cure! :D That's right! Jack Daniels! Everybody's favorite tax advisor and problem solver! Now in the giant plastic, completely unbreakable, five gallon jerry can!

We're no longer a nation of responsible citizens - we are now a nation of gutless, self-appointed victims. Even Bush does it. Why did we attack Iraq? Because, Daddy, he was picking on me. Why are we still in Iraq? Because, Daddy, he won't stop hitting me. Any of this sound famiiar from your own childhood?

I'm glad all the pioneers and Civil War soldiers and almost all of the First World War soldiers are dead. They should not be disgraced by having to witness this. I apologize to the WWII soldiers - this is not what they fought and died for, a bunch of namby-pambies who can't stand the stress of ordinary living.

As for D'Oforio, maybe somebody should run a tox screen or check the inside of his nose. :banana: