Possible to import/export OOBs....?

Sunburn

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
Hi all, first-time post here so bear with me for a sec.

I have been watching POA-2 with interest for some time now, and have been trying to deduce (from the reviews and discussion forums relevant to it) whether it is possible to mass-import OOBs into the program, rather than building them "by hand". This feature is present (unofficially) in TOAW and is a godsend for quickly bulding-up the desired force structures for a scenario. (It also makes it possible to automatically import data from another waragme, which is my primary concern).

I would therefore like to ask whether such a feature is currently present in the program.

Cheers,
Dimitris

XRAY

Reaction score
Country
ll
As far as I know the answer is no, it’s not possible to mass import OOB’s into the program. If I’m wrong and there is a backdoor I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable guys on the forum will correct me

HPS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can import portions of other POA-2 TO&E’s into your own TO&E, for example to add some British formations done by Gary and some Israeli’s done by Andrew. But you can’t import something into the POA-2 TO&E structure from another wargame.

As for “reusing” parts of specific scenarios (i.e. where the units are all already named after specific formations, individual commanders assigned, etc.), that will be possible once I finish the new scenario creation module. That will allow you to create a new scenario from any existing one including the ability to change maps, opponents, starting conditions and everything else... so once someone creates the 1-8 Cav for example, it can be reused easily from then on out in any situation (although you’d still have to create the opposing force).

See ya,
-Scott

Sunburn

Reaction score
Country
llGreece
Thanks for the response.

I heard the the US Navy is negotiating a bulk-purchase of the program (the military version) for training and experimentation. Is that correct?

Cheers,
Dimitris

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh Scott! This MUST mean we'll be getting an expansion on all 138 possible countries Naval Units to the database, right?
ummm right?
hmmm.....
:D