Possible idea for extra business for MMP

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Inspired by another thread dwelling on whether the printing of "nationality sheets" by TPP would hurt MMP or not, I had the following thoughts:

One argument put forward there was that at least some people would not (need to) buy TPP individual "nationality sheets" (as opposed to full core-modules) if MMP provided them.

Of course we know that MMP has to or had to redo many counters from scratch before the reprint of the last few core modules. Which must be a tedious sh**load of work.

I have no good knowledge on prices of having countersheets printed. All I know is that printing volume apparently matters.
I could *imagine*, though, that for the printing cost it does not matter much if 10 or 12 different counter-sheets are printed as long as the overall number of sheets is of sufficient volume.

We know that it does not make sense for MMP to stockpile products to much that take a long time to sell off. But perhaps if they print the next core module, they could make a test by printing a number of "nationality sheets" of redone core-modules which will probably will not be much extra work and then try to sell these as parts. That way, they will have enough 'volume' when they print and they could test how well their own sheets would sell as 'parts'. If that test is financially successful, they could expand on it, possibly even using this method to generate 'volume' when printing other stuff to lower their production cost.

Maybe MMP will take note of the idea and might think through if such an approach would figure for them business-wise. If not, no loss compared to the current situation. If it figures, then it could be a win-win for all involved generating more revenue for MMP on one side and more product support for the customers on the other.

von Marwitz

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Inspired by another thread dwelling on whether the printing of "nationality sheets" by TPP would hurt MMP or not, I had the following thoughts:

One argument put forward there was that at least some people would not (need to) buy TPP individual "nationality sheets" (as opposed to full core-modules) if MMP provided them.

Of course we know that MMP has to or had to redo many counters from scratch before the reprint of the last few core modules. Which must be a tedious sh**load of work.

I have no good knowledge on prices of having countersheets printed. All I know is that printing volume apparently matters.
I could *imagine*, though, that for the printing cost it does not matter much if 10 or 12 different counter-sheets are printed as long as the overall number of sheets is of sufficient volume.

We know that it does not make sense for MMP to stockpile products to much that take a long time to sell off. But perhaps if they print the next core module, they could make a test by printing a number of "nationality sheets" of redone core-modules which will probably will not be much extra work and then try to sell these as parts. That way, they will have enough 'volume' when they print and they could test how well their own sheets would sell as 'parts'. If that test is financially successful, they could expand on it, possibly even using this method to generate 'volume' when printing other stuff to lower their production cost.

Maybe MMP will take note of the idea and might think through if such an approach would figure for them business-wise. If not, no loss compared to the current situation. If it figures, then it could be a win-win for all involved generating more revenue for MMP on one side and more product support for the customers on the other.

von Marwitz
This would be a deviation from MMP's core business model, that's what TPP bring to the table.