Ponyri scenario suggestions?

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Purchased "Objective: Ponyri" by Martin Nevshemal (Leaping Horseman) in anticipation of MMP's release of the Ponyri HASL.
Looking for Ponyri scenario suggestions.
No Critical Hit Boxcars Inc. garbage, please.
Thank you.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at "Clash at Ponyri" ITR-4 from BFP's Into the Rubble 2 (own 1st ed ITR also) pack.
May go with this.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hill 253.5 from BV3 is set very near Ponyri. However it is slightly ahistorical because it has Panther D tanks instead of Ferdinands.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure that someone will come up with a scenario based on a pun, using Feldmarshall Model's name.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hill 253.5 from BV3 is set very near Ponyri. However it is slightly ahistorical because it has Panther D tanks instead of Ferdinands.
I wonder if subbing in Ferdinands, one-for-one, would work.
Thanks.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm sure that someone will come up with a scenario based on a pun, using Feldmarshall Model's name.
Is there actually such a scenario title?
And, wasn't Model accused of screwing up by not committing panzers quick enough?

Last edited:

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if subbing in Ferdinands, one-for-one, would work.
Thanks.
I should think if both sides agree then do it.

I did this once a long time ago, can't recall the outcome. The switch favors the Russians IIRC, but I would still do it as German. It just feels right!

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
“I am the very Model of a Feldmarshall Model Major-General”

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Get Lin-Manuel Miranda on the horn!

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great book - Objective Ponyri. In fact, the only book on the shelves that covers Ponyri in the kind of detail we need for scenarios. It is literally chock full of scenario materials for not only Ponyri, but for the surrounding areas (which in the future will be good HSASL subjects; Hill 253.5, May 1st Farm, others) Would like to make suggestions for existing scenarios, but until SaP comes out, hard to do. Hill 253.5 (subbing Ferds for Panthers) sounds like a good one.

Pete's scenarios will be cool to finally put out there. One of them I plan to play - 'Expelled' at the upcoming WCM in SoCal with my friend Scott Thompson. It's the fight for the School House.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of them I plan to play - 'Expelled' at the upcoming WCM in SoCal with my friend Scott Thompson. It's the fight for the School House.
Hey, Don!!! I have a great idea where you should drop your rocket OBA!!!

I am looking forward to our game on Friday...I will peel your defenses like a potato.

Semper Fi!
Scott

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never trust Scott to tell you where to drop your rockets..

I know this ground like the back of my hand - so bring your lunch!

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great book - Objective Ponyri. In fact, the only book on the shelves that covers Ponyri in the kind of detail we need for scenarios. It is literally chock full of scenario materials for not only Ponyri, but for the surrounding areas (which in the future will be good HSASL subjects; Hill 253.5, May 1st Farm, others) Would like to make suggestions for existing scenarios, but until SaP comes out, hard to do. Hill 253.5 (subbing Ferds for Panthers) sounds like a good one.

Pete's scenarios will be cool to finally put out there. One of them I plan to play - 'Expelled' at the upcoming WCM in SoCal with my friend Scott Thompson. It's the fight for the School House.
Good scenario -- not my design, though. That honor goes to Matt Zajac.