Poll: Shall Lone Canuck Publishing get a thread in the 'Unofficial Company Support Forums' section?

Shall Lone Canuck Publishing get a thread in the 'Unofficial Company Support Forums' section?

• Yes, LCP should be represented with a thread.

Votes: 115 88.5%
  • No, LCP should not be represented with a thread.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Indifferent. No matter to me if LCP gets a thread or not.

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well, what do you expect George Kelln to say?
Having a dedicated subfolder to "moderate" entails commitments and some may prefer the flexibility of launching individual threads to promote their products, like DftB, Schwerpunkt, FrF.

So if you ask for possible replies, here are some:

- thank you, i hoped this would happen only in my wildest dreams
- thank you, i am delighted and will actively spend time to make this new folder a living one
- thank you, i did not wish for, but i'll issue all new LCP-related posts in this folder
- i'll go either way and i let GS decide
- i prefer the current arrangements
(To name a few)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
- thank you, i hoped this would happen only in my wildest dreams
- i'll go either way and i let GS decide
- i prefer the current arrangements
And Psycho would add to those : "what she said".

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LCP wins in a landslide.
So, get on with it GS moderators!

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It's been a while since this poll was opened, so the most frequent lurkers here probably noticed it.
Time for a review (as of 19 July 2017):

1. Yes, LCP should be represented with a thread.
    85 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No, LCP should not be represented with a thread.
    3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Indifferent. No matter to me if LCP gets a thread or not.
    10 vote(s)
    10.2%
So with almost 100 voters, it can safely be said that participation was broad.
The results are quite clear as well.

The moderators have stated somewhere upthread, that it is not for them to decide whether LCP can have their own thread in the 'Unofficial Company Support' section of the forum but rather lies with the forum management. They did say, however, that they would notify forum management about this poll/thread. In case this has not happened yet, maybe the time is ripe now.

I reckon, for us forum-users, it is now time to wait and see what happens.
Thanks to all of you who cast their vote and participated in the discussion.

von Marwitz

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Who the heck is forum management?
Don Maddox (Dr Zaius).....but don't bother him now.

We are in the midst of a spam attack and I have been culling 40-50 spam postings and users each morning for the past 2 months and he is working on a way to mitigate/automate that as it is an extremely manual process at this point.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox (Dr Zaius).....but don't bother him now.

We are in the midst of a spam attack and I have been culling 40-50 spam postings and users each morning for the past 2 months and he is working on a way to mitigate/automate that as it is an extremely manual process at this point.
Hang tough!

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to see LCP get their own page. Well deserved! George does a great job supporting his products and the hobby. Just wait until his large Konigsburg HASL comes out. I think all will enjoy it

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I clicked in here 3 times and just figured that LCP got their own. Good job!

Right now, playing through all of the LSSAH scenarios (#12 right now)

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool! Just noticed this that LCP is now included.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Have fun Top, good stuff.
I know that you and Curtis played through these in their entirety, with myself logging in at about the 70% mark. I recently played LSSAH 29 "...To Their Last Man". Fun, different, and very puzzling from a setup POV. The initial OOB halftracks seem to have no real place to setup but behind the wall surrounding the VC building. The AP shots from the Italian ART pieces is sufficient to nail them, the H6 is just more gravy. Was I missing something? Are they more or less predestined to deny the Italians WA along the road for a Turn or so, and that's that? The ART pieces are fairly certain to setup keeping those hexes in mind, and you take on an exponential risk for each ART you setup away from there to bag SS reinforcements, hoping they come by you. Sure the 1/2tracks will be HD to fire, but they will invariably go down in flames.

Do you have any recollections or thoughts on this one?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know that you and Curtis played through these in their entirety, with myself logging in at about the 70% mark. I recently played LSSAH 29 "...To Their Last Man". Fun, different, and very puzzling from a setup POV. The initial OOB halftracks seem to have no real place to setup but behind the wall surrounding the VC building. The AP shots from the Italian ART pieces is sufficient to nail them, the H6 is just more gravy. Was I missing something? Are they more or less predestined to deny the Italians WA along the road for a Turn or so, and that's that? The ART pieces are fairly certain to setup keeping those hexes in mind, and you take on an exponential risk for each ART you setup away from there to bag SS reinforcements, hoping they come by you. Sure the 1/2tracks will be HD to fire, but they will invariably go down in flames.

Do you have any recollections or thoughts on this one?
Their loss (ht's) is really immaterial as the CVP count is on the Germans anyway, but yes, they have a tendency to be taken out rather easily. However, having said that, they do offer the German a way to rapidly redeploy his forces, add additional FP to a FG, and in the case of the SPW 251/9 gives you a fast and heavy hitter. With the limitation put on the partisans, speed and violence of action on the part of the SS is certainly called for because of the disparity of forces involved. Been too long and too many scenarios since to give a much more of a detailed review now though.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Larry The Late votes "Aye!"
I do not have any LCP products, and this might be a way for me to look over their stuff.