Poll re CASLA membership fee

Would a lower CASLA membership fee induce you to join?

• Yes, the lower fee would induce me to join

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the lower fee would not induce me to join

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Canadian ASL Association is curious to know if lowering the membership fee from ten dollars to five dollars (per year) would induce a person to join if they did not join at the ten dollar fee.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
What does membership for $5 or $10 get you? A seat at your tourney? A snazzy newsletter? While I'm unlikely to go to a Canadian tourney (not ruling it out), I'd be interested in paying for a newsletter that had a scenario in it (aka DFTB). I would not be particularly interested at even $5 if this is just dues for being a club member. If I lived within driving distance, that would be a different story.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
$5 or $10 a year? Does not really make a difference. I would not lower the fee. Can you spare 2.74 cent a day to pay the $10? Would saving 1.37 cent a day change you attitude?

Just my 2 cent...

von Marwitz

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't attendees of the Canadian ASL Open automatically become members of the Canadian ASL Association? I think that's what used to happen, and when I passed on the tournament this year I let my membership lapse as well. If I'm able to participate in 2015 I expect i will re-up. Whether the fee is $5 or $10 will not affect my decision.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The $5 either way was never a consideration for me.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Canadian ASL Association is curious to know if lowering the membership fee from ten dollars to five dollars (per year) would induce a person to join if they did not join at the ten dollar fee.
i did not vote because i am a member

i am a member of CASLA because it is a wee fee and i want to support CASLO. every time i have gone it has always been a fun tourney. and i like the vote for the host city bit. i am not sure of any other tourney that does that. cool idea but i always pray for an opportunity to vote for a eastern host because, unless i win the lottery or live long enough to retire, i don't see myself making it to one too far away for a while. come on Maritimes 2016! besides, Steffen bought members diner the year i joined AND there is always wicked good scotch (its in the charter)

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
What does membership for $5 or $10 get you? A seat at your tourney? A snazzy newsletter? While I'm unlikely to go to a Canadian tourney (not ruling it out), I'd be interested in paying for a newsletter that had a scenario in it (aka DFTB). I would not be particularly interested at even $5 if this is just dues for being a club member. If I lived within driving distance, that would be a different story.
Nothing tangible like that. Being a member gives one the right to vote on the location of the Canadian ASL Open, submit a bid to hold the CASLO in your Canadian city, and stuff like that.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing tangible like that. Being a member gives one the right to vote on the location of the Canadian ASL Open, submit a bid to hold the CASLO in your Canadian city, and stuff like that.
I would bid for the location to be Florida :)

(no vote from me, being from south of the border)

Dwym

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I didn't realize I could join a Canadian ASL Association, where do I go to join?

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I didn't realize I could join a Canadian ASL Association, where do I go to join?
contact Michael Rogers. CASLA will take anybody, as long as your check clears