POLISH REQUIEM Best of Friends version

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok I played this scenario vs. Chris Garrett on January 5, 2019

TURN 1, Germans...he has a SAN 3. He gets 2 KILLS....out of 4 times I rolled his SAN. 2 dead/KIA 9-1 leaders later, along with 5 broken squads, I'm ready to hang it up and start over.

BUT....just like there's no crying in baseball? Well there's no crying in ASL.....So I man up and keep playing b/c SAN happens right?

Turn 2. I SMOKE with my Panzer 4s his MMG and one tank and every one else...vorwarts! Mir nach! IMMER weiter manner! (sorry no umlauts)

You get the idea. I swamp him as well I ought. I give him a rear shot to a PZ II....but he has to be BU, target in motion, small, moving, and he has to pivot. Net TH? 3

His roll? Snakes. PZ 2....dies....what a surprise and so does the crew. That' fine, company first sergeant was going to put a statement of charges on that crew for losing Reich property
in combat.

It was the last unit I was to lose.

Turn 3. I am swamping him. NONE of his reinforcements get near the victory area. EVERYTHING of his is dying. I even do a CC vs. a tank and create a 8-0 SMC to help with my serious leader shortage
He isn't even breaking my units.

TURN 4...oh gentle reader, hark for this is the price of not looking. I traveled, so Chris very generously set out the counters. I didn't bother counting. Well instead of two PZ4cs, I have FOUR Pz4cs.

FOUR.....And both of us were flummoxed. Chris very generously offered to keep going and...well heck I haven't beaten him in 4? 5? years..given we play 1 to 3 times a year but still...

TURN 5 I am swamping the VC area. ALL of his starting forces are either dead or POWs....and his reinforcements aren't doing much better so he concedes.

I would love to play this again as either side. GERMANS have to move and be aggressive. They don't have time.

POLISH player boy what a dilemma. Defend up front and burn the clock? Defend around the Koresh compound overlay on board 43? Rough choices.

The POLISH troops...there aren't enough of them and their tanks are truly crapalicious. So it goes in ASL right?

buser333

Reaction score
Ok I played this scenario vs. Chris Garrett on January 5, 2019

TURN 1, Germans...he has a SAN 3. He gets 2 KILLS....out of 4 times I rolled his SAN. 2 dead/KIA 9-1 leaders later, along with 5 broken squads, I'm ready to hang it up and start over.

BUT....just like there's no crying in baseball? Well there's no crying in ASL.....So I man up and keep playing b/c SAN happens right?

Turn 2. I SMOKE with my Panzer 4s his MMG and one tank and every one else...vorwarts! Mir nach! IMMER weiter manner! (sorry no umlauts)

You get the idea. I swamp him as well I ought. I give him a rear shot to a PZ II....but he has to be BU, target in motion, small, moving, and he has to pivot. Net TH? 3

His roll? Snakes. PZ 2....dies....what a surprise and so does the crew. That' fine, company first sergeant was going to put a statement of charges on that crew for losing Reich property
in combat.

It was the last unit I was to lose.

Turn 3. I am swamping him. NONE of his reinforcements get near the victory area. EVERYTHING of his is dying. I even do a CC vs. a tank and create a 8-0 SMC to help with my serious leader shortage
He isn't even breaking my units.

TURN 4...oh gentle reader, hark for this is the price of not looking. I traveled, so Chris very generously set out the counters. I didn't bother counting. Well instead of two PZ4cs, I have FOUR Pz4cs.

FOUR.....And both of us were flummoxed. Chris very generously offered to keep going and...well heck I haven't beaten him in 4? 5? years..given we play 1 to 3 times a year but still...

TURN 5 I am swamping the VC area. ALL of his starting forces are either dead or POWs....and his reinforcements aren't doing much better so he concedes.

I would love to play this again as either side. GERMANS have to move and be aggressive. They don't have time.

POLISH player boy what a dilemma. Defend up front and burn the clock? Defend around the Koresh compound overlay on board 43? Rough choices.

The POLISH troops...there aren't enough of them and their tanks are truly crapalicious. So it goes in ASL right?
This scenario sucks. Against a decent German attacker the Poles should have no chance.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
This scenario sucks. Against a decent German attacker the Poles should have no chance.
First, there are two versions of this. The original was playtested with the FT-17's having both an MA and a CMG (the counters were later replaced). The one in best of friends has the correct tanks but gives the Poles more Infantry (as I recall). I will take the Poles any day. The first time I ever beat Fortenberry was in this scenario as the Poles. It can be won. The Germans have to worry about having a good MA at the end and with all of their Guns being B11, 1 of every 12 drops is a MALF MA. IMO, the scenario is pretty balanced but the Pole has to be on his game. YMMV. -- jim