Poland in Flames Errata

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP strives for perfection, but we are in the end human. Say it isn't so, but yeah it happens to the best of us. Why I didn't see this before now completely escapes me.

Scenario errata:
BFP-122 AT SWORD POINT: German OPTIONS: "Change MISSION to > or equal to 30".

BFP-123 ASPHALT SOLDIERS: SBR2: X16 is on Board 10 DD7/EE7, X23 is on Board 46 Z7/Z6.
Change MISSION: penultimate sentence, add: ...on boards 10/46 on/east of hexrow R and anywhere on Board 1b.

Counter errata:
The Polish wz30 .50 cal HMG should have a repair of 2 instead of 3

Magazine errata:
In page 5, in the paragraph of the MG 08/18 LMG, the word Gebirgsjaeger is spelled incorrect.
In page 43, second paragraph, last line, instead of FPF CC Reaction Fire is written FPC CC Reaction Fire.

Mapboard errata:
BFP DW5 and DW6, hexes B2 and Z1 are missing their center dots.
BFP R, hexes L10 and N10 are labeled as J10.

Q&A
BFP 106: Going Postal
Q: Given SBR 7, what is the ELR for the non-SS MMC?
SBR 7. SS MMC are Lax. German ELR is as follows: Leaders 3, SS MMC 3.
A: The MMC in the reinforcements are German 8-3-8 squads, so they have an ELR of 5. ELR doesn't apply to crews.

BFP 113: Bunker Bash
Q: OB states 24 factors of mines and SSR 3 says Mine Exchange is NA. Does this mean you can only use AP mines?
A: Yes.

Like all of our other products, we will make this a sticky thread for folks to post questions and if they uncover any other errata related to PiF. Make sure that scaling is turned off when printing the sticky errata.

Poland in Flames Sticky Errata ver 20160426
Poland in Flames Sticky Errata - A4 ver 20160426
View attachment 53236
View attachment 53235

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It can happen.

Hadn't you mentioned it, we would have probably thought that it was a design decision and that you couldn't fire at the hex-center (talking about safe rout-havens...). ;)

von Marwitz

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have files now posted to the thread in post #1 of errata and sticky errata in both Letter and A4 format.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have some counter errata. The Polish wz30 .50 cal HMG should have a repair of 2 instead of 3. I will update the notes shortly and we will produce replacement counters in an upcoming product.

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
It would be helpful if each of those pdfs had a "date last edited" associated with it. No sense downloading all 4 if only 1 has been updated.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would be helpful if each of those pdfs had a "date last edited" associated with it. No sense downloading all 4 if only 1 has been updated.
They are all linked. 2 of them represent the 'text' version of the errata in both Letter and A4 format (for our European friends), and the other 2 are the 'graphical' representation of the text versions, in both Letter and A4 formats. But I will try to remember to add dates to them going forward.

Rick

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Q&A on BFP 106: Going Postal

A: The MMC in the reinforcements are German 8-3-8 squads, so they have an ELR of 5. ELR doesn't apply to crews.

dogirish

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,
Possible errata for BFP-122 AT SWORD POINT?
(1) Should the playing area be "Use hexrows Q-GG on board BFP DW-4". I'm only using VASL but without having DW-4 hewrow Q, the board 52 hewrow GG is left hanging out there.
(2) German OPTIONS: "Change MISSION to > or equal to 30".

That is all.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A couple of errata in the mag.

In page 5, in the paragraph of the MG 08/18 LMG, the word Gebirgsjaeger is spelled incorrect.
In page 43, second paragraph, last line, instead of FPF CC Reaction Fire is written FPC CC Reaction Fire.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,
Possible errata for BFP-122 AT SWORD POINT?
(1) Should the playing area be "Use hexrows Q-GG on board BFP DW-4". I'm only using VASL but without having DW-4 hewrow Q, the board 52 hewrow GG is left hanging out there.
(2) German OPTIONS: "Change MISSION to > or equal to 30".

That is all.
Went back and checked the original notes on this one and it is R-GG. So I don't see an issue with #1.

For #2, you are correct, it should >= 30. I'll get sticky errata out for that one.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A couple of errata in the mag.

Rick
The correct spelling would not be "Gebirgsjaeger" either, but rather "Gebirgsjäger". ;):sneak:

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Q&A on BFP 106: Going Postal

The same would apply to BFP#109 Training Day. At first it did not occur to me that the non-SS MMC were 838 AE.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
In the Guns Article Chas states that a Half Squad manning a Gun is entitled to emplacement
This is not true as per C11.3 "If a gun starts hooked up or manned by a non-crew unit ... it loses the emplaced To Hit DRM of Case Q"

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the Guns Article Chas states that a Half Squad manning a Gun is entitled to emplacement
This is not true as per C11.3 "If a gun starts hooked up or manned by a non-crew unit ... it loses the emplaced To Hit DRM of Case Q"
C11.3 has to do with the Gun's entitlement to emplacement if it starts the scenario manned by a non-crew unit. I do not have the product, but could it be a reference to claiming +2 Emplacement TEM, which can be done by a half squad but not by a squad (C11.2)?

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
C11.3 has to do with the Gun's entitlement to emplacement if it starts the scenario manned by a non-crew unit. I do not have the product, but could it be a reference to claiming +2 Emplacement TEM, which can be done by a half squad but not by a squad (C11.2)?
The clauses are separate "starts the scenario hooked up" or "is manned by a non crew unit" so emplacement is always lost when a non crew unit man's the gun. For your reading a comma after "starts the scenario" and the removal of "is" would be needed.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The clauses are separate "starts the scenario hooked up" or "is manned by a non crew unit" so emplacement is always lost when a non crew unit man's the gun. For your reading a comma after starts the scenario and the removal of "is" would be needed.
I disagree. The non-crew refers to at start. There is some errata for this rule, but maybe there is more I do not have?

I will post the question over on the Rules section.

Edit: the thread is at http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?126157-C11-3-Emplacement-TEM&p=1808692#post1808692

Last edited:

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
TThere may be errata that changes it, as it stands though I think the "is" fairly clearly binds to the "manned" hard to separate the two.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just found the errata on MMP's page removing the "is".
Have never seen this stickied. Great shame they couldn't do this by white out in pocket edition