Plowed roads

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They basically just remove the restrictions that Ground Snow applies to non-plowed roads ( E3.723 "...Infantry/Cavalry must expend one extra MF per elevation level change (up/down)...Road Bonus is NA...")

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Additional question : it seems that, barring a specific SSR, roads are not plowed in a "snow" situation. Am I right?

The rules don't say that the roads are plowed only via SSR : they simply state the differences between plowed and non plowed roads, not telling which situation is the "normal" one.
My gaming experience tends to make me consider "unplowed" as the normal one - but I remember a Tactiques scenario that didn't state that the roads were plowed, and which would be impossible to play if they were not (units had to cross the boards in a given time)...

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
Additional question : it seems that, barring a specific SSR, roads are not plowed in a "snow" situation. Am I right?
I think so. The typical scenario will state that there is "ground snow" for example. If it doesn't also specify plowed roads, then the effects of the snow will apply to the roads.

So, by default, if you say there is ground snow and you don't add a statement that the roads are plowed... then they're not.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Robin said:

The rules don't say that the roads are plowed only via SSR : they simply state the differences between plowed and non plowed roads, not telling which situation is the "normal" one.
Actually, the rules (in the Index/Glossary) do define all roads as unplowed unless specified otherwise by an SSR.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Reepicheep said:
Actually, the rules (in the Index/Glossary) do define all roads as unplowed unless specified otherwise by an SSR.
Ah yes : I didn't think about that reference...
I find problematic that many rules details are hiddent, either in the Index or even in the ASOP... One is bound to miss a subtelty at some moment.:eek:
Here is the quotation :
Plowed Roads (in Snow, roads are considered unplowed unless specified by SSR):

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just finished playing the Gingerbread Men, deep snow is in effect. The plowed roads allow vehicles to move along the road at one MP per hex, whereas, movement in open ground requires two MP and a "third die" type of bog check.
CE road rate is also not allowed plus the prior listed "ground snow" restrictions apply also.

Rich