Pleva dice towers

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gor-Gor kinda throws them in, for maximum randomization.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I always wanted a Pleva Tower it was my holy grail after seeing Hennie Van der Salm’s one. After a couple of years I got a message from the man saying that he had found enough rare woods in his workshop to make the very last one for me . But the catch was that I had to collect it from him at ASLOK30 cost me a fair bit but worth every $ for sure . His Mother even made a special carry bag to protect it for me, steve said when I collected it that even he did not have a cover for his own one .

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I decided to use the Lars Thuring method—leather dice cup and a mouse pad. I like it better than a tower, it’s more portable, and it doesn’t make any noise. The older I get the less I like the noise from dice glasses.
I totally agree on the noise which is why I don't like glasses, though I have no problem with those who use them. I bought my Pleva-tower about 2 decades ago and it is still going strong and silent and gives very good randomization with my Battle School Dice. I can see the dice with no problem, don't have to sit up at all nor do the dice hop out maybe once every few hundred rolls. Combined with a balanced ASL scenario and a good, friendly opponent (Hi Tom Morin!) and you have a the best of all worlds, Vic.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
While I have a few towers, I switched to the cup for ASL out of ease of transport and ability of my opponent to see what I rolled. While most will say they can see their dice just fine in their tower, it’s not always as easy for their opponent on the other side of the table. So now I use the cup.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I've envied a Pleva dice tower for years now. When he was making them, I didn't have the $$ to get one. Now I can, but he doesn't make them anymore. Ritterkrieg makes a similar product, but seems that he's on a dice-tower-making hiatus. Does anyone know somewhere else to source a dice tower of similar quality and make as a Pleva tower?

TIA

Jeff Ital
Check out Mario’s towers here or on facebook fully customisable with whatever decoration you want and whatever tray to use with it, her is my one with extra slots for my most used Info counters, they take two trays each side
While I have a few towers, I switched to the cup for ASL out of ease of transport and ability of my opponent to see what I rolled. While most will say they can see their dice just fine in their tower, it’s not always as easy for their opponent on the other side of the table. So now I use the cup.
in the groups I play in the tower is always in the middle of the table and both players can see the dice

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Couple years ago I got dissatisfied with my dice tower and went looking for a replacement and found a nice one for reasonable price on Amazon, got it in short order. Just checked and guy in Tennessee still making them.
Good throat - can use my big dice in it without hang-fires.
Tray is high enough dice don't come out, felt is good quality.
Tower fits snug inside tray for compact portability.
Wood working and finish is excellent.
For the quality you get, quite a bargain:
https://www.amazon.com/Souza-Custom-Woodworking/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_14233755011?ie=UTF8&node=14233755011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Souza+Custom+Woodworking

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Couple years ago I got dissatisfied with my dice tower and went looking for a replacement and found a nice one for reasonable price on Amazon, got it in short order. Just checked and guy in Tennessee still making them.
https://www.amazon.com/Souza-Custom-Woodworking/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_14233755011?ie=UTF8&node=14233755011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Souza+Custom+Woodworking
I found that guy on Etsy. He said the sides were 1" high, and not modify-able, isn't it too tall?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Little noisy for my taste, but love the execution.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Love the last item!! :) 3lbs of saw dust! Get some glue and you have dice tower. :)

Fine Aromatic/Red Cedar Sawdust - 3 lbs.

Joe

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I found that guy on Etsy. He said the sides were 1" high, and not modify-able, isn't it too tall?
IMO, yes. Unless the throat will accept 1" dice. Remember, your opponent will be sitting across the table. The tray on my tower is about 1/2" deep. I use either 1/2" (12mm) or 9/16" (16mm) dice. Easily seen from across the table. -- jim

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In 2007, went to BPA in Lancaster. Found Diceboot by Chessex, bought two. Easy to assemble and disassemble, thus easy portaging to and from conventions.
And with camo duct tape, somewhat stylish.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have two of these and I am constantly getting compliments on them.

tripvm

Reaction score
First name
Trip
Country
llUnited States
I bought one of these a couple of months ago. I agree with all of the above. My only complaint is that it is a little on the loud side particularly with larger dice going down the tower. Definitely a good bargain.