Please. Fire At Me More

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ersatz VASL League game against John Bock. Playing FrF 58, Order 831. My Russians zoom onboard and try to turn the German left flank, brazenly flinging a T-34/85 with Rider (just like in Panzerblitz!) past an LMG firelane and parking in the back lot of the church in 3aI8, waggling the turret to forcibly encourage the bail out. Good Soviets they are, my Riders didn't like the Hallowed Ground and failed the Bail Out MC.

In his turn, John moved a 548 to retake the church but was pinned in the open just outside, in clear LOS from my follow-on Sherman, who fired a BMG/CMG shot but boxcarred the roll, breaking the BMG. Still, I had the upcoming PFPh to nail that guy, who was sitting under -1 Acq. What could go wrong?

Russian 2. The Sherman's BMG disables. Prep Fires the MA at the 548, rolls a 10, misses. Fires the CMG, boxcars. Not in a fit of rage but really needing that 548 to break, I decide to intensive fire the Main. TH DR = 10, breaking it.

I can only imagine the looks on the faces of those Fallschirmjagers as they looked over at the Sherman and heard a cacophany of noises from various guns breaking. * SPROINNNNNG * PINGGG * CLANNNK **

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Never would have happened with a StuG. StuG life. -- jim

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ersatz VASL League game against John Bock. Playing FrF 58, Order 831. My Russians zoom onboard and try to turn the German left flank, brazenly flinging a T-34/85 with Rider (just like in Panzerblitz!) past an LMG firelane and parking in the back lot of the church in 3aI8, waggling the turret to forcibly encourage the bail out. Good Soviets they are, my Riders didn't like the Hallowed Ground and failed the Bail Out MC.

In his turn, John moved a 548 to retake the church but was pinned in the open just outside, in clear LOS from my follow-on Sherman, who fired a BMG/CMG shot but boxcarred the roll, breaking the BMG. Still, I had the upcoming PFPh to nail that guy, who was sitting under -1 Acq. What could go wrong?

Russian 2. The Sherman's BMG disables. Prep Fires the MA at the 548, rolls a 10, misses. Fires the CMG, boxcars. Not in a fit of rage but really needing that 548 to break, I decide to intensive fire the Main. TH DR = 10, breaking it.

I can only imagine the looks on the faces of those Fallschirmjagers as they looked over at the Sherman and heard a cacophany of noises from various guns breaking. * SPROINNNNNG PINGGG CLANNNK **
Just one of those days.............................an old saying for this....."Each day we are either the pigeon or the statue...............today you were the statue......"

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In our next episode of IR you'll see me recall (boxcars on the intensive fire shot) a tiger whilst it was being attacked by a Russian half-squad conscript.

Needless to say, they exited with their tails between their legs, thoroughly ashamed of their battlefield performance.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a JS2 that broke all of its weapons except the RMG so I turn the turrent around and started using it and actually did rather well, trashed a bunch of infantry running around in the open and overrunning stuff.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In my 54 years of life I have learned one thing.................never say you need something to work.........putting that out in the airwaves is to invite every gremlin from here to Ireland to bring bad luck....It goes the same for ASL never put your hopes on a large uber killing weapon........that your tank can successfully exceed it max MPs............or say... it's okay sarge that .50 cal can take the abuse from firing that whole belt with out stopping............ because the dice gremlins will git you every time............. so just sayi,n watch what you put out there it has a nasty habit of bittin your behind. Ow........ gotta sit down..........that damn blasted gremlin got me again. :p

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a JS2 that broke all of its weapons except the RMG so I turn the turrent around and started using it and actually did rather well, trashed a bunch of infantry running around in the open and overrunning stuff.
I thought you could not use RMG for OVR.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I thought you could not use RMG for OVR.
That is correct. But if his IS-2 had somewhat of 'an attitude', he could overrun enemies without any functioning weapon.

Recently, I found out, that you can even conduct an OVR with Sidecars.

von Marwitz

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always thought the RMG would be in use particularly during a overrun.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Agreed. Guess it depends on who had firing responsibility?
In the T-26 and BT series it was the loader, the commander was the MA gunner.
In the T-28 and T-35 either commander or loader, depending upon crew and circumstances.
In the KV-1 it was a 3rd turret crewman whose duties included both the RMG and AAMG, could also help with MA loading. Again the commander was the gunner.
In the KV-1s, KV-85, IS-1 and IS-2 it was the commander.

So if you want some home chrome:
T-26/BT: RST (2MT). Must be BU and not fire anything else to be able to fire RMG.
T-28, T-35: ST (3MT) Must be BU to fire RMG.
KV-1: RST (3MT). Must be BU to fire RMG. In addition the player then has a choice of giving the MA a RoF of [1] or firing the RMG.
KV-1s/85, IS1/2: T/ST (3MT). Must be BU to fire RMG.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was adjacent to some guys I really wanted to fire at and didn't want to risk the CC roll.

It's safe to say, lessons were learned.
Therein lies the root of your problem; They were supposed to maintain social distancing (I guess they were inexperienced though, so there you are).