Playtesters Needed for Festung Budapest Scenario

xcom101

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Not sure if this was the best place for this but I am working on 4 scenarios based on the Pest side of the river in Budapest 1945. The fist has been completed (many thanks to all those that provided feedback/play tested the first scenario) and I now have the second ready to playtest.

First off please do not feel obligated to do this. Only do this if you have both time and the inclination. We all have busy lives and I understand this (especially with two you children).

Some background story behind why I did this:
In march 2013 my father died, a man who survived Budapest in 45 and the uprising in 56. I decided to honor his memory by looking at designing a selection of 4 FB scenarios. While the FB scenarios are based on the Buda side of the city (river) there are some interesting actions on the Pest side of the city (where my Dad lived in 45 through to 56). Currently the design is completed but I need to have this play tested to see verify if the VCs are as balanced as possible.

If anyone can help me play test this and/or provide feed back on the scenario design I would be eternally grateful. Send me a private message with your email address and I'll email you the scenario as well as the map and forces in VASSAL (if you plan on using that).

Scenario outline:

PEST, HUNGARY, 28th December 1944: As the Soviet Offensive continued the 275th Rifle Division currently held in reserve as a second line echelon unit was thrown into the front line to try and force a breakthrough in the area around Közös cemetery. Facing them was the 38th Battalion of the Hungarian III Army commanded by Captain György Pechý. The Hungarian high command was only able to provide Captain György Pechý with an additional 30 novice troops to face off against a well-armed Soviet division.

AFTERMATH: The appearance of a T34/85 caused the Hungarians major concern until a NCO managed to make it to a lone Panther tank parked in a nearby factory. Pointing out the Soviet tank to the commander the T34/85 was destroyed with a single shot. The Soviets then tried marching Hungarian prisoners in front of their ranks. The Hungarians soldiers ordered the prisoners to lie on their stomachs when a command was given. The fire from the Hungarians was devastating but still the area could only be cleared of Soviet troops through savage hand to hand fighting and the use of hand grenades in close quarters. Very few of the Hungarian prisoners survived and while the Hungarians managed to eject the Soviets from the area it came at great cost with Captain György Pechý Battalion now only numbering 15 soldiers.

Many thanks to all who reply.

Cheers

Andrew