playtest Great War v4.2

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
who would like to playtest version 4.2 of my great war scenario. At least the first 10-20 turns. I have made some adjustments to units and maps and hopefully they improove the previous version.

I look for a good player in offensive to take the Central Power and try to take Paris in 10 turns - and see if that's possible.

as well as a good Entente player to see if he can destroy East Prussia while holding the west front.

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Well I'm in the middle of a game of your previous version with Marco but he is away for a few weeks.

However I could only a manage a turn each weekend so taht might be a bit too slow for what you want.

I will send you a SAL. file of our latest turn 75 (January 1916) when I get home this evening if you want to have a look at how ir's panned out so far.

BTW I am playing as the CP.

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
sure, send me the game so that I give a look. (Nemo defeated me in early 1915 by seizing berlin in an earlier version)... all in all I think 4.2 is slowly gettign to be a bug-free version... I'll email it back to you so that you can play CP.
my email is piero at andiamo dot ch

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
OK

I have sent you my .SAL file.

I havn't noticed any bugs but I'm not usually a nit picker in COW once I'm enjoying myself. :cheeky:

I really love this scenario though as it's a real mind bender making sure you balance your forces to cover the possibility that a Front does not collapse.

I usually put 2 or 3 hours into each turn so x 75 that's a lot of playing time already!

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
thanks will wait to receive. hope it goes through.

bugs were small but like : fall of constantinople triggers french parachute brigade event (which should be only available in 1919) !

but mainly the problem was with supply. the Entente stays at 100 (the initial few month supply) while CP falls to 30 (which should be normal). all sorted in 4.2

wow. 2-3 hours per turn! that's why I often loose! I play too fast.

Morgoth Bauglir

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I'm interested, very much actually.

Could you please mail me the scenario?

Northpole@Skynet.be

BTW, anybody out there who has the NOCD patch for TOAW-COW 1.04? I had it but lost it during a recent HD crash. My COW is old and almost KIA, poor thing has to work 24/24 7/7 around the year.

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Wolfe Tone said:
OK

I have sent you my .SAL file.

I havn't noticed any bugs but I'm not usually a nit picker in COW once I'm enjoying myself. :cheeky:

I really love this scenario though as it's a real mind bender making sure you balance your forces to cover the possibility that a Front does not collapse.

I usually put 2 or 3 hours into each turn so x 75 that's a lot of playing time already!
Just got a return this evening on that file reporting it couldn't be sent! :eek:

As in:

Sorry, I couldn't find any host by that name. (#4.1.2)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

It said. :cry:

Morgoth Bauglir

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
There is one thing that might be taken into account during a next review of 4.2. Historically, the Royal GHQ of the Belgian Forces moved to Antwerp, the National Citadel, according to the 1914 War Plan as soon enemy forces crossed the frontier. In reality, several GHQ units had already been transferred to Antwerp prior to the outbreak of the war. So GHQ should actually be at Antwerp. Maybe you could assign more VPs to Antwerp as well. The Allies considered Antwerp one of the most strategic ports in Europe.

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
it's true. in the game belgian ALBERT GHQ starts in bruxelles but I allow belgian army to move on turn 2 (to avoid player to walk belgian divisions into Liege and namur fortresses and make them impregnable) and so, from turn 2, players can chose to move (and save) the belgian army into Antwerp - indeed a formidable fortress, or to build a line and hold off german 1st army probable path (and risk be destroyed).