PlayerDB and H3 scenario

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi, I have the PlayerDB installed, all aircrafts are scrambled if I try to play the scenario that came with H3. Is it normal? Should I re-install the original DB before I load a H3 original scenario or is there a way around this?

thanks,

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
bongotastic said:
Hi, I have the PlayerDB installed, all aircrafts are scrambled if I try to play the scenario that came with H3. Is it normal? Should I re-install the original DB before I load a H3 original scenario or is there a way around this?

thanks,
Unfortunately, that is a consequence of using any third-party DB. You are correct. If you want to play an official AGSI scenario, you need to re-install the official AGSI DB. Otherwise, your Tomcats may turn out to be an Orion. It comes down to the different numbering schemata. The Tomcat might be platform #400 in the PlayersDB, but #400 in the AGSI DB is the Orion.

That's why we recommend that you always back up your files when switching DBs so that you can re-install them at a later date if you so desire.

You need to re-install the AGSI DB before you reload the scenario.

Now, these guys had a very good idea, too. They simply had multiple installations of H3. One for each DB they used. With the size of memory in most computers these days, this might be the easiest solution. See DanH's message here.