Play testers of RF- X Men

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Can someone tell me who were the designers and or play testers of X Men.

I am interested in two themes.

1. SW allocation
  2. The win /loss ratio of that CG
In 1 above.

I find it fascinating that the German receive no HMG even though it would be tough to find a photo without such hanging out the window of some ruined building.

Why do the Gds Rifle receive 3 LMG

In 2 above.

That is in the first instance a lot of hexes the German has to waltz through, in the second the force ratio's will quickly level out but the first scenario will be the only one that the German has even an inkling of a 3:1 force ratio ( generally accepted as the minimum for city battles) , third in the night I have no issue with the Russians being stealthy for CC but in day that is hardly likely.

It was more the fact that they had underground tunnels etc that lead to "battle confusion" not any special ability in CC.

Also if I am not mistaken we are talking about a veteran formation in the 6th Army who had to learn about city battles but who HAD taken over 80 % of Stalingrad.

So, could the designers please tell me the win loss ratio of the scenario X- Men and how they decided that HMG did not feature prominently in this game. I believe the Russians get 1 more HW coy that the German's.

Look forward to your replies.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I find it fascinating that the German receive no HMG even though it would be tough to find a photo without such hanging out the window of some ruined building.
Just making sure you know that the German LMG/MMG/HMG counters all represent the same weapon (either a MG 34 or a MG 42) [chapter A endnote 14], and that each German squad is deemed to have in inherent in it a MG 34 or MG 42 also. In ASL those German MGs you see in pictures might be a squad MG (perhaps even set up momentarily on a tripod), LMG, MMG or HMG in game terms. If a scenario's OB includes no LMG, MMG, or HMGs there would still be more than enough real German MGs for a snap in Signal magazine.

JR

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am not even going to bother with the distinction between LMG and HMG either in reality or ASL as
anyone who plays this will be well aware.

It is my understanding that HMG are only available in HW Pl of which the Germans have 3 in RF. In X Men I might add.

Really ?? So 6 HMG ???

What sort of German General figured that SNAFU up ??

So what gives ?

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have also got 6 Signal Magazines and you beaut typewriters are the main event ..