Play by Skype

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
If a knuckle-dragging techno-Neanderthal like me can learn VASL, anyone can. I recommend connecting with someone (on Skype maybe) who can talk you through the startup process. If your experience is anything like mine, you will soon be wondering what took you so long to take the plunge. IMO, it is still not a replacement for FTF, but the ability to play at your own convenience, store a game and come back to it days, or even weeks later, play people from all over the planet (to name just a few advantages) makes it well worth the effort.

You will find plenty of people on this forum willing to help you get started. Give it a try. :)
Totally agree, I would rather do ftf BUT that is not often possible, certainly since the pandemic started. VASL keeps you in the game with other ASL fanatics, once in it, you can either roll real dice with a camera or use the dice bot, either way works, love VASL...

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Totally agree, I would rather do ftf BUT that is not often possible, certainly since the pandemic started. VASL keeps you in the game with other ASL fanatics, once in it, you can either roll real dice with a camera or use the dice bot, either way works, love VASL...
Right, I'll have to give it a go, you guys are very persuasive..😉

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
My VASL learning process was to sit down over a weekend and watch all of the "how to VASL" videos on ASL-players.net and follow along on my PC, rewinding and replaying until I had it mostly worked out. Then playing a game with somebody where the emphasis was to use VASL correctly, rather than ASL correctly (although one does follow the other). Lot's of right-clicking to look at counter options.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think if you tried VASL odds are you would like it. It really is an awesome ap.
VASL is so great, that I can imagine playing across a table with 2 computers.
There are scenarios (Night, lots of HIP, etc) that I will only play on VASL as it is so superior.
That said, lots of boards or anything huge needs to be on the tabletop. Too hard to miss things zooming in and out.