placing Overlay 7 for WO10 setup?

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do I place Overlay 7? VASL won't place it without hex coordinates, but the WO10 SSR does not specify any.

What's the trick?

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
It looks like it's for a specific board. Have you tried dragging it from the 'overlays' button at the top of the icons list to the right, then making it full size, then moving it around? I can't seem to make it work from the usual board overlays positioning when creating the map, but the draggable overlay looks to be working okay. Still, I don't know what board it is supposed to match to. When there are no coordinates, usually it's for a specific board somewhere. [edit -- it looks like it is for a stream board, since the stream area seems to be 'cut out' in the overlay. there are coordinates on the overlay, so that should explain precisely where to put it on the specific board in question]

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Add overlay, 7, M1, [none]. The overlay itself is labeled with hex labels so you can read off it where it wants to go. Because it can only go in one orientation, you only have to specify one hex to position it.

JR

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, guys. I hadn't tried to drag it around because I did not notice that button. Cool. Yes, it does appear to be a board-specific overlay.

You are correct JR...66M1 is the right coordinate.

Cheers,
Sean