Places to Buy MMP Games

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We used to have one, Sword of the Phoenix, but they went out of business. If anyone has a store for me to contact in that area I would be happy to do so.

misterkeller

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Mr. Dalton,

My name is Tim Keller (into Starter Kit, and reading ASLRB currently to make the transition to full ASL in the near future).
I heard you on The 2 Half Squads, and enjoyed the show. Heard you mention you are looking for new retailers and I have a possible lead for you in my town.

Cool City Games
720 Huron Ave.
Port Huron, Michigan
810-985-9225
Fax - 810-985-9224
Owner: Jeff Kenny

Jeff's father, Gary Kenny, also owns a hobby shop, and it was from him that I originally purchased 1st edition ASL, Beyond Valor and Paratrooper. Long story, but I never got into the game back then (overwhelmed by the rulebook. Starter Kit has me hooked though.).
In speaking with one of the current employees at Cool City Games about the possibility of them carrying ASL Starter Kit, the response was, "There's no real market for it here." I responded that I'm looking for people in the area who might be into the game, and asked if they'd mind me passing along their contact information to MMP. The employee said sure, why not? Who knows, maybe they will give MMP a try.

The store carries several different Euro games, Warhammer, painting supplies, Axis and Allies variants, etc. I think with some initial success with some of the new MMP games they might be into giving Starter Kit a try.

Hope that helps,
Tim Keller

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Hi Keith, I've found it odd that Labyrinth Games (http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/) does not sell MMP games. It is in downtown DC (I've played there a couple of times), and although they are primarly non-wargames, they do have a selection of GMT and other's wargames (twilight struggle, C&C, strike of the eagle). Have you ever contacted them? Cheers

jbertoglio

Reaction score
Re: Places to Buy MMP Games in CLEVELAND, OH

Odd question...I cant seem to find a place to buy a SK here in Cleveland, proud home of ASLOK. I have several copies in Oregon but wanted to pick up a new one for a little project.

I know I could get it in a couple of days by mail but I like going to game stores. There has to be one somewhere around here. (east side prefered)

Any ideas?

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Places to Buy MMP Games in CLEVELAND, OH

Odd question...I cant seem to find a place to buy a SK here in Cleveland, proud home of ASLOK. I have several copies in Oregon but wanted to pick up a new one for a little project.

I know I could get it in a couple of days by mail but I like going to game stores. There has to be one somewhere around here. (east side prefered)

Any ideas?
Try calling warzone matrix at 216.433.1316 If they have it, they are over by the airport. I have been in a few other of the game/hobby shops in the area and have never seen any carrying mmp. Mostly Eurogames if anything.

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The biggest exclusively board game shop in Finland is probably Lautapelit (http://www.lautapelit.fi/). They have a lot of ASL stuff on their web store (http://www.lautapelit.fi/tuotehaku.asp?sua=1&lang=1&reid=2&tn=asl), but most are "Out of stock", including ASLRB and Beyond Valor. I have emailed them a few times about this, but they keep saying that they can get no one to answer from MMP. Any comment on this? Could they be using some old email address or something like that? I would be happy to email them and let them know how to contact MMP if there is some method that they should try.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Other than some temporary recent hiccups with our server, email usually gets through OK, although non-routine issues can sometimes get lost as they work their way into the queue.
Have them write sales@multimanpublishing.com and if they don't hear anything after a few days have them write problems@multimanpublishing.com .

We like to sell games, and we like to sell games to game shops.

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Thanks, Perry. I emailed them, hopefully you guys hear from them soon.

Okmed

ASL/SK Scout
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Guild of Blades store in Clawson, MI (http://gobretail.com/) has a big and broad selection of board games, including Euros, the usual stuff from DoW, Steve Jackson, et alia, and a non-trivial assortment of wargames. I saw about twenty linear feet of shelf space occupied by GMT titles, both real wargames and their more Euro-like items (e.g. Twilight Struggle). I saw no MMP stuff there: nothing from The Gamers, no ASL, and none of the other MMP lines.

It has been a long time since I've noticed--or looked for--MMP products in a store, but this is the kind of place, if anywhere, I'd expect to find them. Maybe I should have asked if they had a Doomed Battalions 3e stashed in the back room.

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked up a copy of the ASL Rulebook (there were 2 on the shelf) and there were a number of other MMP titles at The Source in Roseville,MN yesterday.
http://www.sourcecomicsandgames.com
In my experience, The Source can be quite hit or miss where ASL is concerned. There are times when they're quite well stocked, but more often, the shelves are bare of ASL material. And no matter how tempted you may be, don't ask them to special order ASL stuff for you-- I've never had any of my attempts actually work out.

Servius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My response whenever a brick and mortar store says they can order something for me is that I can order it too.

I was rather surprised to see the ASL Rulebook there, although TCASL meets there some.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
That is truly impressive - do you folks ship overseas?
They export to Ireland (me) and Confoederatio Helvetica (IE Switzerland, Swiftandsure) and I think USA (VolgaG68) has bought from them. I simply can't recommend SCG enough. I've often asked or suggested they hold off on sending some items until further items have arrived to make for more cost efficient postage and they have done that.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They export to Ireland (me) and Confoederatio Helvetica (IE Switzerland, Swiftandsure) and I think USA (VolgaG68) has bought from them. I simply can't recommend SCG enough. I've often asked or suggested they hold off on sending some items until further items have arrived to make for more cost efficient postage and they have done that.
Thanks sir ... I might do just that .. or go somewhere a little closer and do a pickup ..