Placement of purchased concealment counters/Dummy ? on Reserve Dummy counters

GamerKirk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am setting up as Russian in Red Factories RO CG where ? may be purchased. Since all Germans will be entering the board this first day, I know that all of my units (in appropriate conditions, terrain, etc.) except Reserve Dummies may have a ? placed on them for "free". I know I also have 5 Dummy markers per purchased RG.

What I am unsure about and cannot find in rulebook is if I can place purchased ? on Reserve Dummies so they are not obviously Reserve (and easily avoided by remaining >= 4 hexes away).

Also, are they any restrictions on placing the granted 5 Dummy ? per purchased Reserve RG, i.e. may I place them atop Dummy ? to avoid having them be obvious single ? Reserve troops with activition limits as in previous question?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You cannot put a "free" "?" on any Dummy stack period. For those "?" you purchase you may freely stack as many as you wish, even above a real unit, but you do not get any additional free "?" to place upon them (or if you've placed a purchased concealment counters on a real unit, you cannot place a free "?" on that stack/real-unit as well).

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you purchased ? to place on cloaking counters I think you'd need to place 2 minimum rather than just 1 as a dummy cannot be placed singly and the reserve units are treated as if not there.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You can not place or enter a dummy stack onto a reserve counter. The question is moot. Want to conceal them? You need a real unit there. The reserve counter would lose concealment when it moved off.