Pittsburgh

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hello,
I've recently moved back to PA from Atlanta where I lived (and worked) for the past ~30 years. I'm in Johnstown now, but I'll be in Pittsburgh permanently starting in October; I'd like to know if there are any local players or even an ASL group in the Pittsburgh area. I've been playing for about 35 years and fairly active in the Atlanta group until the pandemic, and now playing mostly VASL with my Atlanta friends. I miss face-to-face, though, and I'd be up for a game. Thanks in advance.
-Jim

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Most/ALL of the Pittsburgh ASLers have been dormant for a while life does get in the way... It's certainly did for me.

I'm recently reactivated again and am starting to shake the RUST off. FTF is the only way I go. Perhaps, I'll shake the tree and see who's still out there. I'm sure I have some old contacts somewhere. It'll be great to get a group going again perhaps.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, there's a good bit more than 8 that I know of. But mostly all are inactive. No Cleveland for me this year. Maybe one day I'll go. I still have a few years more to go with work. When I do get away I do it with the wife. One of her favorites (and mine) is Gettysburg. We've been to about every place there is there and then some except for the hidden lane which is hard to get to. We do go a lot. If I went to the Hallowed Ground ASL event to sit inside and wargame... My wife would have me shot, then sent to the Russian front, and then shot again....

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Most/ALL of the Pittsburgh ASLers have been dormant for a while life does get in the way... It's certainly did for me.

I'm recently reactivated again and am starting to shake the RUST off. FTF is the only way I go. Perhaps, I'll shake the tree and see who's still out there. I'm sure I have some old contacts somewhere. It'll be great to get a group going again perhaps.
Hi Blaze - I think I may have just gotten an email from you. If not, then there are THREE of us here in the Burgh who can play. :) Are you in Plum Borough by chance...?

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Hi Blaze - I think I may have just gotten an email from you. If not, then there are THREE of us here in the Burgh who can play. :) Are you in Plum Borough by chance...?
Yes, I'm in Plum...There's a bit more than 3 here. They're just hibernating. Once I get some games in, I'll start poking the bears and see who bites (hopefully not mauls)... There's a really decent fellow I recently hooked up with a few miles from me. We just got a blow out the carburetor game in.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I'm in Plum...There's a bit more than 3 here. They're just hibernating. Once I get some games in, I'll start poking the bears and see who bites (hopefully not mauls)... There's a really decent fellow I recently hooked up with a few miles from me. We just got a blow out the carburetor game in.
Blow out the carburetor? Lol I like it.🤣