Pitcavage Scenario Designers Guide on Top 25 Bestsellers List

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Dude is totally bonkers! I rarely post anything in there anymore but he was just one of the reasons. There is rarely any discussion(s) anymore.
I hardly ever posted there and very rarely read what's going on there. But indeed that Marshal Lannes freak is the reason I am completely out of there. He's even way beyond RSD. I have to agree to Mr. Mayers that the dude destroyed that part of the forum. IMHO and with all due respect a failure of (non-)moderation. I know - there is none there by definintion... Still, the entire purpose of a forum is defeated if everyone leaves in disgust just because one nutcase his allowed his show. Whatever.

von Marwitz

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I hardly ever posted there and very rarely read what's going on there. But indeed that Marshal Lannes freak is the reason I am completely out of there. He's even way beyond RSD. I have to agree to Mr. Mayers that the dude destroyed that part of the forum. IMHO and with all due respect a failure of (non-)moderation. I know - there is none there by definintion... Still, the entire purpose of a forum is defeated if everyone leaves in disgust just because one nutcase his allowed his show. Whatever.

von Marwitz
It's not just the RSP section. The Combat Mission forum here at Gamesquad suffered the same fate. NUTTERNAME (aka Lewis, aka Mr. Tittles, aka Yoozername aka :username: aka Daisy Flabbert aka ...) pretty much stalked, berated and trolled the place into extinction, to the point that there are exactly three posts there this year, all by him. And that's it.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Marshall Lannes was merely the final nail in the coffin. Pretty much dead even before he showed up once all the liberals left en masse.

Made a post there today for the first time in quite a while. Realized that the sub-forum was taking up too much of my time.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
So funny! Someone should write a book about people that write books about wargaming...and how to shamelessly promote themselves!!!!

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Oh? what's this? A new twist in MD's M.O.? He goes and edits old CM threads to try and cover his tracks!!!??? Oh! man, I needed a laugh, thanks there MD.

Here is one...Re-Named..."Postage Question"! How he has time to do all this online stuff...I can only guess!

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/postage-question.75319/

Old 10-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Administrator

As for Dorosh... he wanted to leave this Forum but apparently couldn't bring himself to do it voluntarily. So like "death by cop" he forced me to pull the trigger on him. The specific reason for his banishment was yet another cyber stalking of a Forum member after repeated warnings on and off this Forum that he wasn't going to get any more second chances. He knew exactly what was going to happen when he posted, yet he did it anyway. Not that he was likely to be around much longer anyway, since at the same time he was under a "last straw" warning for violating our rules against Trolling and Sniping.

After his banishment he used multiple alternative accounts to "duck the ban" and he had existing duplicate accounts BEFORE he was banned (which is grounds for instant banishment all on its own). One account he had used to support his own argument in a thread (which is why we don't allow multiple accounts!) and another account he used to SPAM the Forum with almost 1000 posts (mostly in the General Discussion area). I had to ban him a couple of times in rapid succession. For someone that clearly wanted to be banned, he sure tried hard to get back here after.

Steve

Last edited:

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got an Amazon gift certificate from work for my birthday, so just ordered Michael's book. Already have Pitman's, which I found useful in helping design about five scenarios (the best two of which have been published).

As mentioned above, just playing lots of ASL scenarios is quite helpful, which I do both solo and FTF. Would love to check out a tournament sometime if I win the lottery.

shirlfactor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got an Amazon gift certificate from work for my birthday, so just ordered Michael's book. Already have Pitman's, which I found useful in helping design about five scenarios (the best two of which have been published).

As mentioned above, just playing lots of ASL scenarios is quite helpful, which I do both solo and FTF. Would love to check out a tournament sometime if I win the lottery.
I own both books and they are very helpful. When the forums were doing the monkey with typerwriters contests they really came in handy. There were alot of small details that I either forgot about or totally didn't think of. Even if you don't want to design scenarios both books are good reads.

shirlfactor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

@Jeffrey D Myers What are the names of your published scenarios? Mine was Ft156 Leonov's Hill Unfortunately it doesn't get alot of playings but hey they all can't be eye of the tigers lol

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
What if you were to take some Combat Mission scenarios and back-port them to the ASL system?