Pistols at Dawn- story

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
lilninja said:
Hobomunch that is amazing!
Do we decide the missions or do the development team make them?
story based missions can be decided here, the ones which are vital, the rest in development. ;)

CrashyBoy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Side mission idea
On the way to the next town the come across a traveller who is a farmer, he says he lost four of his chickens, if you retreive the chickens he will give you a gun. You can only play as the person who healed Fred, after you win you can give the gun to whoever you want in your party

I also think that Fred and his friend at the begining should have one or two battles before he betrays you

PSP_X5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i like it! but how about you get a gun and money or ammo?

PSP_X5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
yeh or maybe you get a backpack, so you put items you gain during the game in?

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay here's the main outline of the story so far. This is as close as I can get to a finalized version. I'll go into more detail later. This is just the opening up of the story. Oh, and I'm still using fake names. :p

Mary and Jim, western bandits, are infamous for their countless robberies, murders, and leaving every town they plunder in ruins. A price so large was placed on their heads that nearly every bounty hunter in the western world was in searc of them. During their days of robbery they gave birth to a boy and named him Fred. While nurturing their child they went into hiding and became careless. Eventually a bounty hunter named Bubba captured the two and was greatly rewarded for doing so. Mary and Jim were sentenced to death and their child was removed from them and given to farmers in a small village named Whatever. Distraught and in rage at the removal of their child Mary and Jim fought their way out of jail and fought themselves all the way up to the King of the Western world who they smited. Mary and Jim became supreme rulers of the Western world. During their flight to power they gained much support from other bandits and escaped convicts. No one dare opposed their army. Sixteen years go by and Fred is now a strong, intelligent, and much liked citizen of Whatever village. He is known for his intense kindness and is all around a great person but he believes that his adopted farmer parents are his real parents. He has no idea that he is the son of Mary and Jim. But one day soldiers from the Western World army come to Whatever village and murder his adopted parents and Fred along with other villagers are torn from their home and are transfered to a nearby prison village called Something. Fred is placed in a prison with a theif about his age named Mike and an elderly man who calls himself Ralph. Ralph recognizes Fred as Mary and Jim's son but does not reveal this too him just yet. Mike is an incrediably witty theif who knows his way around the Western world and is a skilled fighter. The three secretly plan their escape. Finally the three make their way out of the prison and Fred swears he will return to rescue his fellow villagers. The three companions travel to a city called Blahblah in order to find out why they and other villages are being attacked by the Western Empire. They find the city in ruins and they discover a rebellion group that has formed against the empire. They decide to join the rebellion group.

Note: All names are fake. I need people to think up better ones.

Okay this is what I have so far but there are other things in the story that will need to be added.

-A main female character (possibly a romance between her and Fred)
-Ralph, the elderly fellow who Fred met in jail, is actually Bubba, the bounty hunter who captured Mary and Jim. He will eventually reveal to Fred his true ancestory.
-Mike will in some way betray Fred in the story. (I've yet to think about how)
-Fred will slowly turn from a nice farmer into a bloodthirsty warrior of the rebellion. Remember that he is very intelligent.

Things to be taken into account.

-How will the rebellion group react when they find out that Fred is really the Mary and Jim's son?

-How will Fred react when he finds that he is the son of the forces that he has been fighting?

-Why is Bubba/Ralph in jail?

Thats all I have for now. Any suggestion would be warmely welcomed.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Maybe Mike could actually be Freds brother, and Mike betrays Fred by trying to capture Fred and take him to Mary and Jim? Or maybe Mike is the assasin who killed Fred's adopted family?

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Adamaniac 791 said:
Maybe Mike could actually be Freds brother, and Mike betrays Fred by trying to capture Fred and take him to Mary and Jim? Or maybe Mike is the assasin who killed Fred's adopted family?
Those are some good idea but remember that Fred's adopted parents were killed by soldiers. I was thinking something like...Mike (since he's a theif) is maybe offered a sum of money to turn Fred in. I don't know, keep the ideas coming. :up:

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thats also a good idea. Maybe it could have something to do with the love interest thing though, like Mike and the female character (lets call her Sarah) are a couple, but Fred falls in love with Sarah. Sarah leaves Mike for Fred, and to get revenge for this, Mike turns Fred over to Mary and Jim. How about that?

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Adamaniac 791 said:
Thats also a good idea. Maybe it could have something to do with the love interest thing though, like Mike and the female character (lets call her Sarah) are a couple, but Fred falls in love with Sarah. Sarah leaves Mike for Fred, and to get revenge for this, Mike turns Fred over to Mary and Jim. How about that?
Sounds good but I don't think Sarah and Mike should be a couple. Sarah could just be a childhood friend who Mike is very protective of and secretly has a crush on and gets very jealous when he sees her going after Fred.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Top notch hobomuch i love the story. i sat their and read through it twice :)

Jacques XVII

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i think there shld be a romance, but as it starts the secondary character (not the one u r playing) dies. Bit harsh, but adds realism?

oh and btw its thief lol, i before e, except after c. God i am sad.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
great story. I was thinking that Mike would somehow betray Fred because of the relationship between Fred and the female character. A love traingle :p
Also here are some names we could use: (Ive put the ones i like in bold:p ) Used a name generator so ignore the nivknames ;)

Male said:
"Gravedigger" Parks
"Texas" McKinney
Bernard "Surgeon" Morgan
Bully Gibson
Chester "Demon" Richards
Clayton "Damnation" Fleming
Danny "Revenge" McKinney
Filthy Jordan
Gabriel "Desert" Chambers
Gambling Jennings
Guy Phillips
Harold "the Emperor"
Hellish Gardner
Infernal Butler
Jamie "Stalker" Burns
Jon "the Bandit"
Keith Hawkins
Keith Douglas

Ken "Doctor" Powell
Kenneth Hunter
Lawrence "the Scalper"
Matthew "the Rider"
Scalphunter Lane
Tyrone
Vengeful Miles
"Brawn" Thomas
"Brawny" O'Brien
Aaron "Vengeance" Williamson
Brandon "Gambler" Brown
Casey "Reverend" Carter
Clyde Jones "the Bully"
Cody Sullivan "the Master"
Dancing Wolfe
Dirty Curry
Javier "the Duke"
Jeffrey "Bull" Walker
Leroy "Coyote" Hoffman
Marcus Lee
Mark Wood "the Reverend"
Merry Fuller
Nathan "Gentleman" Love
Roy "Texas" Watkins
Ruben Hardy "the Emperor"
Sam Meyer "the Apostle"
Shawn "Bad Doc" Morris
Steel Collins
Steve "Riding Reverend" Roberts
Tim Chapman "the Scalphunter"
Todd Kelley "the Gentleman"
Warren "Frontier" Ward
"Doom" Vaughn < villain??:up:
"Mirage" Lawson
"Saloon" Rhodes
Aaron "Arizona" Jacobs
Angry Butler
Cheerful Jenkins
Christopher Robinson "the Reverend"
Clayton Harrison "the Rustler"
Crazy Chandler
Dave "Doctor Surgeon" Fleming
Dwayne "the Dancer"
Erik "Stalker" Nelson
Foul Bowman
Hector "Shooting Gambler" Hughes
Henry "Foul Devil" Hawkins
Jamie "One-eye" Foster
Kelly "Texas" McCoy
Lewis "the Tracker"
Loco Anderson
Mike "Robber" Hart < mike's full name :p
Randy Hill
Ray "Demon" Dean
Rick Hall "the Damned"
Troy Long "the Surgeon"
Tyler "Luck" Bryant
female said:
Lee
Wagner
Fuller
Alicia Crawford
Amanda
Anna
Annie Barnes
Bad Myers
Beth Chapman
Brittany Allen
Cheryl Mitchell
Cheryl
Deanna
Dusty Cole
Gloria Young
Jeanne Patterson
Josephine Miles
Mildred Clark
One-eye Graham
Peggy Reynolds
Regina Larson
Riding Craig
Singing Nichols
Tiffany < Mike's childhood friend who likes Fred?
Tina Lewis
Anna Boyd
Doctor Patterson
Dolores Carlson
Dusty Lawrence
Funny Banks
Gambling Perkins
Gloria Byrd
Heidi
Ida
Irene Edwards
Janice Gardner
Jennie Hart
Katie
Marian Burns
Marsha Cox
Marsha
Melissa
Tiffany Parker
Virginia
Vivian Parker
Alicia Jenkins
Amber Sanders
Annie McKinney
Bernice Jacobs
Bernice
Charlene Bishop
Charlotte
Debbie
Florence Hudson
Geraldine
Janet Thompson
Jennie Howard
Kathleen Larson
Loretta Webb
Lucille Bennett
Melinda Henderson
Pauline Love
Rebecca Alexander
Rosemary Romero
Tina Fuller
Viola Simmons

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Those are some great names. I especially like Guy Phillips, Kenneth Hunter, Cody Sullivan, "Doom" Vaughn, and Tiffany.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I reckon we should call the main guy "Guy" :D and the female, Tiffany ( the main one). The thief could be called Cody? But the Main villian has to be called "Doom" Vaughn :p
lol.

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
I reckon we should call the main guy "Guy" :D and the female, Tiffany ( the main one). The thief could be called Cody? But the Main villian has to be called "Doom" Vaughn :p
lol.
Okay, those sound great.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Im not too sure on Tiffancy, its tooo....urmmm......chavy lol