Pistols at Dawn- story

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The game is set in the western world (wild west etc).
Its our job to create the story. I'll the programming team will then trun most of this into cutscenes etc.
The game is an rpg, so keep that in mind.;)

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was thinking that the main character could have some kind or rival that you fight at certain points in the game. Maybe this rival could also be the last boss?

Kizzer

Reaction score
how about someing about small village in the middle (this is where your character starts) which is surrounded with enemy villages and small rival villages where you make a battallion to have a group team attacking the big villages to win an allince with them, to then finally take on the final boss....

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
is this to discuss the story?

i can't see why it's in this board if it is. might want to ask for a subforum or something if theres going to be a few threads for each section as theres 3 threads already.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yer a sub forum would be great. As we do need a thread for each subject really :(

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You mean a separate "Pistols at Dawn" subforum within computers and graphics? I think it would be good as then all of the Pistols at Dawn discussion is in one area, but its up to Luke whether he wants a subforum for this.

Anyway back on topic, would the main character be a good guy fighting for a good cause, or a shady bad guy out for himself? If he is a bad guy, maybe the artists could draw him with a shadow from his hat (cause everyone in the old west had a hat, right? ;) ) covering his face so you can only see the outine of his face to make him seem more shady?

Also how many characters can you have in your party in RPG maker?

Kizzer

Reaction score
Kizzer said:
how about someing about small village in the middle (this is where your character starts) which is surrounded with enemy villages and small rival villages where you make a battallion to have a group team attacking the big villages to win an allince with them, to then finally take on the final boss....
is this what kind of story you ment? or do you mean storyline?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
you can have 4 party members in battle. ;) i'll see if you can switch between different ones. eg, the village people could offer their help for different missions/ quests. :D
I really like the idea of a rival. I think the main guy should be good. The rival is also good but could turn bad during the game to become much more than a rival ;)
Could we also have a haunted part in the story :D
We also need to think about the monsters etc

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
you can have 4 party members in battle. ;) i'll see if you can switch between different ones. eg, the village people could offer their help for different missions/ quests. :D
I really like the idea of a rival. I think the main guy should be good. The rival is also good but could turn bad during the game to become much more than a rival ;)
The Village People? *Starts singing YMCA!* :p Maybe the people in the party could be a policeman, a builder, a fireman and a native american (and the last guy would fit in with the storyline lol)! :p

Anyway, would there actually be 4 people in the party or would it just be the main character alone?

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
i wasn't thinking in computer and graphics, it's a game and got more to do with just graphics, suppose you could say programming had to do with computers but still.

like darksora said, about the roleplay thread, which never gets used now, would proberly be better there, but then theres the thing that if it's in the basement might not get much attention, but yous have most of the people you need don't you?

This is kind of going of topic now though, so feel free to continue your chat :)

PSP_X5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
hey Mark, could edit my voice actors thread name so it says " Pistols At Dawn- VOICE/AUDIO" please?

Jacques XVII

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i think that the main character shld have some tragedy happen at the start, i.e. his family killed by some tyrant in a raid, and u get to play before and druing the crisis, similar to guild wars.

CrashyBoy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have a few idea ideas,

The main character should be somewhat of a shady character, someone whos story unravels as you keep playing like Jacques said.

As you play you meet a person who has nothing to lose and ends up travelling with the main character

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Or how about your rival being your companion in the early stages of the game (and you can use him/her in battles), and then he/she turns on you later on? We could do with some good plot twists included. And maybe the main character could be a former criminal trying to mend his ways by getting rid of other criminals? Infact thats what the quests could be based on, people could appeal to your character for help (e.g: a town being terrorised by bandits), and after you have helped them, they pay you.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Adamaniac 791 said:
I was thinking that the main character could have some kind or rival that you fight at certain points in the game. Maybe this rival could also be the last boss?
*ahem*

Also the seub-forum would be a cool idea.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is this where I am meant to say that the rivals name is "ScorelessCoasts"? :p
BTW I have asked for someone to draw the main character in the art thread, I asked for a shady looking guy as you lot seem to want that. So what do you guys think about my idea for how the quests will work?

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
Sorry to post in here (yes i no I'm in the development) but what about the rival being the characters friend, then he goes of on a quest of his own, and at the end of the game he has turned bad and you then fight him... something along those lines anyway.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Adamaniac 791 said:
Or how about your rival being your companion in the early stages of the game (and you can use him/her in battles), and then he/she turns on you later on?
^^^Sorry Andy, I beat you to the post with that idea! :rolleyes: ^^^
Still, we could do with more ideas...