Pistols at Dawn- story

CrashyBoy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Fred and his new friend (barry)go to Blackcreek town to visit the prison that Fred was kept in. While they are there they stop to visit a tavern, here they meet the sheriff who put Fred away. The sheriff gives Fred an offer, he says something like there was a witness who saw me kill an innocent man silence him and ill tell you where the person who set you up is. Fred and Barry go to kill the witness, but when they get they figure that this guy has nothing to lose so it doesn't matter if he dies so Fred ask him to go on there quest with them, he refuses until you beat him or something like that then he will go with you. Knowing that they cannot go back to Blackcreek town they set off up-north, to find Fred's betrayer.

(is Blackcreek town a good name for a town?)
(any like this?)

PSP_X5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
yeh thats great!, anyone like the name battlecreek? or battlewood?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Make sure to add that in game summary :D For now Battlecreek will do ;) If anyone thinks of something better then we can always change it.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
depends on the story plus any extras ones due to side quests. So maybe around 5-6 at the least.

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
These stories sound good but..meh..a little cliche. I was thinking something like Fred's parents were western bandits and were arrested when Fred was a small child and sentenced to death. Fred was raised by a small farm family or something who he believed to be his direct family until one day he finds out the truth about his family. Fred was a really good guy who never really did anything wrong so he was shocked/depressed when he found out the truth about his kin. Also the whole town in which he lives in knows of his direct family's history. Fred, being strong from all his farm work, runs away, embarrassed. He journey's to another town where he is forced to fight for his life after finding the town in ruins from revolting citizens. Fred's childhood friend Bob(fake name for now) follows him to the town to help him with his journey. Fred and Bob decided to join this "revolution." Little does Fred know that his parents actually escaped from their death sentence and rose to power becoming supreme rulers over the "something" desert(someone can think of a good name for the desert). And Fred's parents are the high power that the revoltution is fighting against.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
whoa!! thats awesome!! :eek: Maybe we could mix both crash's and your idea. That could also make it seem more open ended. Like having bob betray you too or something. Also hobomunch's idea would explain people volunterring to join your party.:p it fits in perfectly

Azsura

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both of them sound good, so maybe if they were combined somehow it may work out. Because in RPGs they tend to have profiles of each main character, esspecially a good paragraph or two of their history.

PSP_X5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thats great! top noch hobomunch12!
maybe merge them together?

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks :). A merge sounds good, i like Crash's idea too. Would you like me to write out a merged version?

CrashyBoy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
hobomunch12 said:
Thanks :). A merge sounds good, i like Crash's idea too. Would you like me to write out a merged version?
Yeah go for it, i would but im currently doin geography coursework

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Do you think we can make a game that has two different endings.
Like in the middle of the quest we can have a really big descision and if you choose to do one thing the ending will be different to if you choose the other.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wow, thats great Hobomunch! :up: I like the idea of the storylines being merged, it will add a bit more padding to the story and there will be more plot points for the player to think about.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, might be cool, It could depend on the actions seeing as the development team are agreeing with a fable like system in the game. ;)

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hobomunch that is amazing!
Do we decide the missions or do the development team make them?