Pistols At Dawn - Development

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Naluka said:
Lol just thought I'd point out thats what a toll bridge is.. We shouldn't make it too high otherwise it'll take to long to get to anywhere, increase the price the further into the game you get though
I don't no why i put that lol, i got a bit excited lol. :p

PSP_X5, it depends what we are using (gold or normal money) and how much money you get when you find some (may bee 200 pieces of gold, 300, 400 or 500. It should cost something around 600 gold coins to get past the bridge.

Naluka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Depends on what we're gonna have as 'loads of money' and how much each enemy drops if they drop like $2-3 gold whatever each time then it'll take too long...

cain

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just out of interest what will you be using to make the game, i.e what program? Just because when i tried to make a game i found it very hard with the sprite programs, which were not even complicated.

Naluka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Depends how many towns theres gonna be and the distance between 'em, we could outposts along the way where you save or have a bank, rest etc

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Damn this thread is moving WAYY to fast :p, I like the idea of horses, maybe when you have walked a certain distance you get rewarded (to give your legs a rest) by getting a horse and once you have gone soo far on a horse you can upgrade or horses get "unlocked" at the paddocks and you can get new ones :eek:

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Naluka said:
Depends how many towns theres gonna be and the distance between 'em, we could outposts along the way where you save or have a bank, rest etc
It would be good if you could have 2 options...

1: Quicksave, were you save the game by the pause menu, BUT, if you have some Hp (life missing) you wont get any life back once loaded the game back up.
2:Take a bit longer, but find a rest centre thing, save it there, BUT, you do get your life back.

So basically, they both have advantages and disadvantages! Either way, it's the 'Gamers' choice what they would want to do.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
we could have the enemies drop around 10 gold each. How many toll bridges will there be?
I thought maybe enemies could drop more gold depending on how hard they are to defeat, or what type of enemy they are. For example, a bank robber would have a lot more gold than the local drunk etc...

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Right, i don't think this game will take of unless we make another thread for the overall of the game, EG, thinks that are going to be included, and all the happenings of the game.
Set it out like this:
Development

Then put all the stuff we have thought of and what are going to be used in the game.

Story/Script

Put the overall script/story here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so on and so on... It would give an overall view of what is going to be happening in the game i think. It's up to you.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Shall I make a Thread called Game summary and get all the teams to write a summary of whats happening so far with them, and keep updating it?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
yeah, get the team leaders to post one after another. The, they can update their post whenever they need to. :D

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mike said:
Shall I make a Thread called Game summary and get all the teams to write a summary of whats happening so far with them, and keep updating it?

Yep, exactly what i meant! Let the leaders post, and you keep updating it on the first page.

k3131n

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, 12 pages of post in about a few hours!
Amazing how fast this game is going off....

I love the easter Egg Idea too,
Esp. the villiage, We should call the village something to do with Sengo, and Have it setup as like a emperor town, where Luke is the one that looks over the village, and everyone you talk to in "Sengonia" could give you a little side quest :)

Nightmare

Reaction score
Holy sh*t. I leave for 3 hours and come back to this! I'm lovin' the easter egg and graveyard ideas! Especially putting banned member names on them :p

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nightmare said:
Holy sh*t. I leave for 3 hours and come back to this! I'm lovin' the easter egg and graveyard ideas! Especially putting banned member names on them :p

Nope, were not having banned members on the graves, were having members old names instead (eg, owls4eva (me) 791, mikesmith165, ect...).

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This might have been mentioned before, but I think that the game should include some kind of morality stat for your main character. For example if you decide to rob people, your morality stat should go down, and lean towards you being bad. If you do good things like finishing quests and helping people, your morility stat should go up and lean towards you having a good character. Depending on how good or how bad your character has been during the game, it should trigger a different ending, a good ending or a bad ending.

k3131n

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahh, that's smart, like in Fable, where you can be bad or good, That would be pretty cool :D
Also, Don't know if you could this, but by affecting if you are bad or good, your style of clothing changes, Bad - Darker, Good - Lighter