Pinned Topics

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Why would it matter to Pitman if a thread has been pinned for a year with no new posts? I don't see any big reason but I am an OMOOT.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Urban Dictionary should be able to help you out and may provide some assistance in dealing with OMOOT.
Thanks I'll check it out. OMOOT won't be listed there. Lol I just make that stuff up!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's have some substantive discussion here. It is not good discussion forum protocol to have too many pinned topics, as users must scroll past them every single time in order to view new posts on normal topics. One, two or three pinned topics are not significant hindrances, but beyond that, the message boards start to get clogged.

Let's think about reducing the number of pinned topics in this forum to three. What three topics would be best to keep pinned and which ones would be best to let go?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Let's have some substantive discussion here. It is not good discussion forum protocol to have too many pinned topics, as users must scroll past them every single time in order to view new posts on normal topics. One, two or three pinned topics are not significant hindrances, but beyond that, the message boards start to get clogged.

Let's think about reducing the number of pinned topics in this forum to three. What three topics would be best to keep pinned and which ones would be best to let go?
Thanks for expanding on your OP and explaining your viewpoint. Interesting thread! I like learning about these things.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
More on topic, here are three that seem most useful to me:

• So what scenarios have you played recently?
  • New members introduce yourself here!
  • Recommended Learning Scenarios and "Getting-back-into-ASL" Scenarios
The others can be unpinned. Folks can always access them via a quick search.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pin the "unnecessary" (for main forum) ones in the "Latest ASL Resources" thread?

But then again...it doesn't really matter to me... :)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Is there really any need for this to be pinned , adding to congestion?