Pillboxes, Foxholes & Wire

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Senior moment... :)

If a pillbox and/or foxhole is/are in a hex along with wire and a unit sets up IN the pillbox or foxhole...are they "under" the wire when they exit said fortification?

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For foxholes, since the unit isn't entering the location, they were already in the location when in the foxhole they are under the Wire.

However for the Pillbox since that is a different location you will end up on the Wire.

In both cases you must be under the Wire to enter the fortification.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
B26.4
An Infantry unit is on top of a Wire counter. There is a pillbox in the same hex. If the Infantry moves below the Wire and then into the pillbox, and later leaves the pillbox, is it placed on top of the Wire counter again?

A. Yes.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
If the pillbox was a Bunker I think you will not end on top of the wire if you move from the pillbox (for that purpose its like a trench) and the trench

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For a Bunker I agree since you leave the Pillbox directly into the Trench (or vise versa) and are never outside the Trench in that location. Also see the penultimate sentence of B27.54 where it says Wire has no effect on movement between connecting Trenches.

But the OP was for Foxholes.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
The usual combo is pillbox+trench, and a nice addition can be wire, that's the reason of my two pences. I used the combo pillbox+wire with the Japanese, that have another way in/out of the pillbox, but I learn everyday something.