Pillbox and Rout

morgan kane

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A Pillbox is equivalent to a building when it comes to rout according to B30.5. While a building can be overstacked, a pillbox can not, B30.111. What if the closest (in MF) location for a routing unit is a friendly pillbox, but that pillbox will be overstacked if the broken unit enters it. Should that pillbox be ignored by the routing unit?

/Morgan

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I moved your thread to the Rules & errata folder.
The Perry sez one is only there for answers that MMP (in the person of Perry Cocke) gave to emailed questions.
Perry doesn't directly answer rules questions here.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A Pillbox is equivalent to a building when it comes to rout according to B30.5. While a building can be overstacked, a pillbox can not, B30.111. What if the closest (in MF) location for a routing unit is a friendly pillbox, but that pillbox will be overstacked if the broken unit enters it. Should that pillbox be ignored by the routing unit?

/Morgan
It would not be a valid rout objective - cannot be reached, because overstacking is NA.
So it should be ignored.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a follow up question on the above scenario. It's the start of the rout phase and you have a broken unit that must rout or you are over your CVP cap and the only path is to the pillbox. May the routing player break the good order unit in the pillbox and rout him out allowing the broken unit to now rout to it? I believe that would be allowed.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I have a follow up question on the above scenario. It's the start of the rout phase and you have a broken unit that must rout or you are over your CVP cap and the only path is to the pillbox. May the routing player break the good order unit in the pillbox and rout him out allowing the broken unit to now rout to it? I believe that would be allowed.
Assuming the unit inside the pillbox is allowed ("within both the LOS and Normal Range per A10.532 of an armed, unbroken Known enemy ground—and/or ADJACENT to any unbroken enemy ground unit ") to voluntary break it can do so....