Pictures from the Front

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice shots! How is Warface? I keep hearing mixed reactions. Some like it, some hate it. Some say it is only good for the co-op. What do you think?
Less than 20 hours in, but I like it. It's free! Co-op is fun if you get ppl that know what they're doing. Also, the missions scale up in difficulty; basic, regular, skilled and hardcore. Couple of 'boss' levels, Heavy gunner or helo which you have to hit in a certain spot over and over again to take down; gets kinda tedious . Variety of weapons, tho you have to unlock them or buy them. 4 classes, soldier, medic, sniper and engineer. Different abilities etc. If you've played the others (COD-Battlefield) it's very similar. MP has different modes, battles are pretty quick. I'm playing Trailer Park cuz they have a give-away this weekend, random picks of players on that and another map. Did I say it's free, so you can't complain about that.
[video=youtube_share;oQIK2sBfi2s]http://youtu.be/oQIK2sBfi2s[/video]

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I usually don't play ACW games until the Spring, but whatever. :D

I just added Brandy Station to my Scourge of War collection. This ACW wargame still manages to impress me. It is just like AI War: it doesn't look like much - but with a little touching up, it can be quite nice - but the gameplay is masterful.

Above, I lead my cavalry brigade over the hill and into...destiny. :cool:

BTW: When checking out I saw that I could add any additional expansion to the game for 20% off. So I managed to pick up Brandy Station and Pipe Creek for ~$17! Now my SoW collection is complete!
Just FYI.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Europa Universalis IV. My first conquest. The mighty Ottoman Empire has freed the oppressed people of Albania. Ok, not real impressive in the general scheme of things. Just started playing this game, a lot of information to absorb. I see that unlike other conquest games, you just can't attack over and over again. Lots of considerations to look at. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all the different aspects. Looks like a nice game for the winter season.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Red Dragon still being updated for free, which is nice; till the new game launches. U.S. gets the Patriot AA unit. Super 5600 range with a 70% accuracy, Red force planes are going down. But, they become an Arty or Heli target as they can't shoot at Heli's; as I found out one match.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love my billhook:

View attachment 48050

This is still a great game - and the devs just gave us some more FREE maps! I just wish they would find a way to allow us to close the chat window because it is just awful to have to see that garbage scroll down the screen.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woohoo!!!!

I'm having trouble getting the Matrix version to run but I got Steam to work after verifying the game cache! I setup a quick, fully automated game and just let it run!! So exciting! After years of waiting!!!!!! :bandit::clap::joy::hail::headbang::ar15::horse::hurray::toast::devil::bandrum::vegguitar:

View attachment 49957

View attachment 49958

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is great! I think you are going to love Distant Worlds. It is a true masterpiece. Looking forward to your first AAR. :)

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I already am and I barely did anything haha! I watched as the empire I was using to test the game slowly expanded, incorporating an independent amphibian race into its budding empire, fighting off, making pacts, and sending pirates of missions, and even reporting that they failed some research and had to switch gears! Very cool!!

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let the game run for a good 6 hours as background noise and activity... What an awesome game! My empire that I left fully automated did a phenomenal job of staying alive, making allies (one ally was the equivalent of the US-Britain) and then basically curb stomp an enemy though its tactics and strategy could have used some help lol. Overall it's a phenomenal game and I've been working my way through the tutorials.

The very beginning
View attachment 49966

After about, 30 years or so of full automation. My empire is the bottom, bright purple guys. The main enemy are the red guys on the left and the bright green guys are our bffs.
View attachment 49967

One of the many battle fought over the red guy's homeworld in their last remaining system. It was heavily defended and my empire lost at least 2 dozen ships trying to crack it as I spent a good 40 minutes just watching what was going on. Our ships were far superior to theirs but we never concentrated our forces for one, penultimate attack. But, it was fun watching our cruisers demolish entire fleets haha.
View attachment 49968

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How is Atila? I was not impressed with Rome 2 vanilla. In fact, I never even gave the final fixed edition a try. I certainly won't be pre-ordering a TW game ever again. However, I am hopeful for the new Warhammer game. But only after the reviews are in. :)

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How is Atila? I was not impressed with Rome 2 vanilla. In fact, I never even gave the final fixed edition a try. I certainly won't be pre-ordering a TW game ever again. However, I am hopeful for the new Warhammer game. But only after the reviews are in. :)
Seems like your sentiments are the universal feeling of long-time TW fans. And I agree, I am also hopeful for Warhammer. I hope it forces CA to expand into other genres or eras outside of Europe and Japan (like China, Africa, the Americas, etc.). Btw, did you know CA rereleased the original Shogun and Medieval Total War games on Steam?? I plan on picking up Medieval again. I loved the first one.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 50227
I'm still getting into it. I had to start over, new install. Here's the character management screen. You can appoint various positions and arrange marriages ala CKII. I haven't played a TW since Shogun so I'm fuzzy on similarities. With the hordes, you don't have cities to manage at first. You can encamp to improve your lot in life. You do have the option when capturing a city to raze it (where it disappears from the map) or settle in it, where you start to manage it like any other city. I like the cast of factions from Eastern/Western Roman Empires to the Huns, Saxons, Visigoths and others. With the Romans you start strong and then defend your empire where as most of the others you start fairly small and try to expand. They already have come out with DLC of new playable factions which I don't care for but I don't have to buy; so there! :)