Pictures from the Front

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recently upgraded to a Cobra Mk III in Elite Dangerous. I like this ship. It is the biggest I have flown - which is not saying much as it is still a ship that only requires a small landing pad. Here I am pulling into a station. This is one of the sunnier places I've been. One thing I am loving about Elite: Dangerous is how dark the game is. Space is the black night it deserves to be!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
How big do the ships get in Elite Dangerous? Is there a significant difference?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How big do the ships get in Elite Dangerous? Is there a significant difference?
In terms of Eve Online, tiny. :) I remember reading an article that compared the two. Basically, the largest ship in Elite is the equivalent of a frigate in Eve Online. This is understandable as Elite is all about you and the cockpit. Anything too big will take you out of the cockpit and put you on a bridge, which is not what Elite is all about.

This is a good overview of the ships in Elite Dangerous (it is missing a few of the newer models added the last year):

To see all the ships, go here: https://www.elitedangerous.com/en/features/shipyard

zalan.reilly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAlgeria
I thought it might be a fun to start a thread for people to share some screenshots of whatever they might be playing at the time. Just take a screenshot, give it a title and post it here with a brief reverse image search email checker port checker explanation of what is happening and why you thought it made for an interesting screenshot. Feel free to post screenshots from any game, be it the latest FPS or an 'oldie but goodie.'

Got it?

Let's get started!

I'll go first:

I call this one Hot LZ! It is a shot from a recent match of World in Conflict in which my troops had to air assault an hot landing zone. Poor guys got slaughtered because I had no anti-air support. :( Still, I thought it made for a cool picture!
The camera has an interesting zoom function that makes the background appear closer and the objects in the foreground appear larger. Thusly, Master Cheif looks like a monolith standing guard over his troops. It's in a thumbnail version because I couldn't figure out how to get it in like Scott's nicely framed wonder

Last edited: