Pictures from the Front

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought it might be a fun to start a thread for people to share some screenshots of whatever they might be playing at the time. Just take a screenshot, give it a title and post it here with a brief explanation of what is happening and why you thought it made for an interesting screenshot. Feel free to post screenshots from any game, be it the latest FPS or an 'oldie but goodie.'

Got it?

Let's get started!

I'll go first:

I call this one Hot LZ! It is a shot from a recent match of World in Conflict in which my troops had to air assault an hot landing zone. Poor guys got slaughtered because I had no anti-air support. :( Still, I thought it made for a cool picture!

Last edited:

Mark Peachey

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can't wait to try out World in Conflict on Xbox 360. I'm not a fan of strategy games at all, but this one looks hot.

Below is a shot I took from Halo 3 during the Campaign on The Ark level. The camera has an interesting zoom function that makes the background appear closer and the objects in the foreground appear larger. Thusly, Master Cheif looks like a monolith standing guard over his troops. It's in a thumbnail version because I couldn't figure out how to get it in like Scott's nicely framed wonder :nuts:

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool picture! I love the troopship in the back, next to the tanks. That's a lot of firepower!

I use Photobucket and Webshots for a lot of my screenshots. Both allow you to size them to your liking (you can also do other stuff to 'em) and then you just copy and paste the image code into the forum post.

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, here's another.

In keeping with the "Hot LZ" theme, here is a picture of a hot LZ in Dawn of War. My Space Marines are fighting with some Ork while a Thunderhawk lifts off after delivering some reinforcements:

That's one bloody battlefield! But unlike my poor GIs in WiC, my Space Marines butchered the greenskins! :eek:gre:

Last edited:

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
This is from a recent game of Take Command: Second Manassas. This shot is from two different angles and is the aftermath of my troops repulsing the first yankee attack

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice shots! Looks like the Yanks gave as good as they got.

I really enjoyed TC: First Bull Run but never purchased the sequel. I hope they do another based on a different battlefield. Gettysburg would be awesome!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following screenshot is from a recent session of Medieval II: Total War. I like to call it "Medieval Throwdown":

This is how I got it:

I took a small force of Sicilian troops to confront an equally small force of rebels that were pillaging the countryside. Well, I forgot that I was not confronting plain vanilla M2TW but the enhanced Stainless Steel mod which makes the AI much tougher (at last!). What should have been an easy battle turned into a brawl with high casualties on both sides.

The most interesting part of the battle occurred when my captain and his mounted guard confronted the rebel leader and his guard. Both sides clashed and a vicious mêlée erupted with both sides needing to break off and re-engage time and again. After two or three charges and counter-charges, only my captain and the rebel leader survived (!) and were engaged in direct combat! I zoomed in to watch this fascinating duel as both traded sword blows with each other. It was like watching a tourney! :) Their horses kept circling each other as their riders traded blows. :cool: At long last, my captain felled the rebel leader (hence, the photo) and the enemy morale broke, giving me command of the field.

Victory!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had an interesting, if short, session of World in Conflict the other day. Basically, I just managed to get two Bradleys, one Hummer, two squads of infantry and one sniper into combat before the game ended (I entered the session with only a few minutes left on the clock). However, it was an action-filled few moments when my units, taking up position on a small farm, happened to spot two squads of Russian infantry attempting to sneak across a nearby stream. Well, I ordered my infantry to leave the vehicles and take up a defensive position on the stream's east bank. As our side of the stream was higher, it was a perfect defensive position to take on unsupported infantry:

The poor Russians were gunned down to the man.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well these are from when I played Planetside way back in the day lol.

After capping the base, the New Conglomerate made an attempt to retake the base. Well, as you can see, we put a stop to that.

A couple New Conglomerate "chicken walkers" approach the base:

Clearing out the staircase of a couple die hard followers of Barney's (aka the, Vanu):

From the hay days of Planetside. These were VERY common and always ended spectacularly:

An orbital strike on a couple unlucky fellows:

BOOM!!

Favorite pastime. Spying on the neighboors :smoke:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's awesome! I never played that game but it sure looked like fun!
O it was in it's first 1 1/2 to 2 years of life. The battles were HUGE with a lot of action going on. I found myself defending the walls of a base with about 5-10 other guys against huge numbers of enemies. Charging down the hallways guns blazing. Some of the best came from doing max crashes or pulling a 101st airborne and getting dropped right on top of a base and causing mayhem. My best gaming moments were with that game lol...

Here is the game's website if you want to check it out. The communities numbers have dropped significantly so you'll run into some very tight outfits and such. There used to be about 4-6 servers and now there are about 2-3(I haven't played in a long time). The last time I played I didn't find any more epic battles like in my pictures:
Planetside

A scene from the end of the ever present tower battles:

Defending the garage from a determined assault:

Capping a base and making sure it gets capped:

Protecting the backdoor:

Dropping in 101st Airborne style:

A pass between two bases always sees heavy fighting. A ridge separates two different roads with fighting on the ridge and other side:

Enemy fighter bombers stalking the battlefield (the big thick ones are the P-47 of the game while the skinny one is the P-51):

The Troop transports that carry the airborne troops to the drop point(s):

And the one for vehicles:

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice shots! Thanks for posting those!

The game sort of reminds me of Battlefield 2142. Did you ever try that game?

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
I can't wait to try out World in Conflict on Xbox 360. I'm not a fan of strategy games at all, but this one looks hot.

Below is a shot I took from Halo 3 during the Campaign on The Ark level. The camera has an interesting zoom function that makes the background appear closer and the objects in the foreground appear larger. Thusly, Master Cheif looks like a monolith standing guard over his troops. It's in a thumbnail version because I couldn't figure out how to get it in like Scott's nicely framed wonder :nuts:
Where is the recon armor pics?:nuts:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice shots! Thanks for posting those!

The game sort of reminds me of Battlefield 2142. Did you ever try that game?
Thanks. And no problemo.

Funny, mighta been inspiration :D And no I never got to. My comp is six years old and I'd be lucky to just run the demo lol... I've actually just reloaded BF2 to play the mod Project Reality. Which I must say it top notch. And now... I've just started playing WoW :D

I'll get some pictures up when I transfer them over from my other (brother's) comp.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this is one of the finest screenshots I have ever taken:

It is from my Sins: Entrenchment AAR. At the time I took it, I just saw it as a good picture to illustrate the action. But as I look at it now, I realize that it really is quite beautiful. The sectional hull markings, the bubble shield surrounding the vessel, the laser lances, the planet in the background...it all makes for a screenshot that would be right at home on the cover of any sci-fi novel!