pics of people here.

freightshaker

Reaction score
trauth116 said:
Ok - sort of a mug shot but it is the most recent photo I got available...

And enough of this nose tackle stuff - back in the day I used to play Left Wing -had a fine slapshot - and could make a goalie look like an octypus setting up a beach chair when I was on.

/For all my Canadian bros out there/// :cool: -<< Don Cherry smiley)
Boy do I miss Don Cherry....

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey Scuud - I know I got a few years on you - but I orinigally come from the far reaches of the St Charles High school district ( back in the day they only had one).

Used to ride the I C Trail bike trail into Sycamore to go to a hobby shop that used to be on the East side of town... long gone ...

Of course I am stuck in KC MO now .. but anyway - great to see guys from back homeway.

Steve

Admiral

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
KC eh...

Hey Trauth, I'm about 70 to 80 miles to the west of ya.

Last edited:
Reaction score
freightshaker said:
Boy do I miss Don Cherry....
Interestingly, the CBC is doing a 'Greatest Canadian' series on tv, and he made the top ten finalists. Seems alot of people aren't too happy about it either, to have him included with some of the Canadian intellectual elite. Personally, I wouldn't consider him that 'great', but I sure do miss him on saturday nights. Good Canadian kid! :hail: :hail: :hail:

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Admiral - sounds like you are out near Topeka maybe?

There are a few guys on here from out this way - saw someone from Knob Noster ( which I suppose is Whiteman AFB) the other day, as well as Curt is up in Leavenworth.

I live up near KCI - but am not yet ready to host a BBQ. :D

Archamus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
trauth116 said:
Hey Scuud - I know I got a few years on you - but I orinigally come from the far reaches of the St Charles High school district ( back in the day they only had one).

Used to ride the I C Trail bike trail into Sycamore to go to a hobby shop that used to be on the East side of town... long gone ...

Of course I am stuck in KC MO now .. but anyway - great to see guys from back homeway.

Steve
I love that bike path..... <3 <3

scuud

Reaction score
Hey yah, that's THE bike path. Our running team does all of its workouts during the summer and cross country season on it.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
trauth116 said:
Admiral - sounds like you are out near Topeka maybe?

There are a few guys on here from out this way - saw someone from Knob Noster ( which I suppose is Whiteman AFB) the other day, as well as Curt is up in Leavenworth.

I live up near KCI - but am not yet ready to host a BBQ. :D
I think the Admiral is closer to Manhattan/Fort Riley area.

Tell you what - I would be happy to host a BBQ here at my house (I BBQ year-round here) for all ACG/WHQ members who would like to make the trek! I think Eric Weider, the BMIC at ACG, may be making a trip out here sometime, and I could surely set something up for wargaming and history buffs alike! I may even be able to get an MOH winner to join us (we have two who live in the area), especially if I can drop Eric's name! ;)

I'll keep you posted, as we also have James Sterrett and John Osborne here who works in my office, so it could be a huge meeting of serious wargamers and history buffs.

Admiral

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keep the pics coming!

I reside between the Fort & Capital city. Regionaly speaking, I have conducted some occasional business in the KC, Ft Riley & Ft Leavenworth areas over the last several years. My current project is the N/E corner of 8th & New Hampshire in downtown Lawrence.

Curt, I offer my assistence in any such event. A yearly convention or occasional pissup is certainly in order. I believe it would be good for both spirit & common interest.

I believe J D Morelock(sp) lives in the region & would make for excellant discussion as well.

I would be quite interested in meeting any & all that find history, strategic & tactical thinking - as well as just joining with friends for good grub & libation - a compelling endeavour.

Can you imagine the after action report in ACG. Har!

Last edited:

Admiral

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All such gatherings around the globe...

... would certainly make for some interesting tales in both the mag & here as well.

I might well pm & possibly call upon those I may come near in my travels.

I get to a few weapons shows on occassion, Steve. I would be surely interested in a resource for such shows & gatherings here.

A very good thread. MORE PICTURES!

Admiral

Marines

Reaction score
CPangracs said:
I think the Admiral is closer to Manhattan/Fort Riley area.

Tell you what - I would be happy to host a BBQ here at my house (I BBQ year-round here) for all ACG/WHQ members who would like to make the trek! I think Eric Weider, the BMIC at ACG, may be making a trip out here sometime, and I could surely set something up for wargaming and history buffs alike! I may even be able to get an MOH winner to join us (we have two who live in the area), especially if I can drop Eric's name! ;)

I'll keep you posted, as we also have James Sterrett and John Osborne here who works in my office, so it could be a huge meeting of serious wargamers and history buffs.
Are liberals welcome?

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Richa333 said:
Chubby ol' African-American me, somewhere in cube land. I like what my oldest daughter says about me: "Dad, you ain't black, you high yaller!" :D She's so cute: I'd post a px of her BUT I know Jeremey lurks out there ... heh heh heh. :smoke: Somewhere I just know I've got px of me in my younger sword-swingin' SCA days: must dig them up.

BTW Dr. Sinister's px really DOES take the cake...love it! :cool:
I second what your daughter says. ;)

BigMik1

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RichardS said:
First image is of me when I was helping out a neighborhood school. I didn't last there long though. Appearantly absentism went up.

The second image is of me at the doctor's office. She was trying to find out why I was having problems breathing. It made me so weak I had to have supports standing then.

:flag:

She can give me a full body checkup anytime

freightshaker

Reaction score
JeremyScott said:
Right o my cigar smoking friend. Truck on over to Houston and I will buy you a box of those Julian madianas
Use to spend some time there when I was long haul. If you're buying, maybe I'll be down. Weather is starting to get nasty here anyway.