Picked the locks...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, my characters couldn't take standing around doing nothing in MIDDLE EARTH as evil minions ravage about but since I couldn’t find the keys I had my Burg pick the locks of the houses and they are all back inside ready to re-arm and defeat the forces of Sauron & Saruman once again...

I enjoy the world of Tolkein too much to let advertisements drive me away and the urge to "see" Isengard, Rohan and the other great locations sucked me back in.

I did re-join some of my top alts back into an old Kinship to get that camaraderie going again that made playing SoA so much fun. But to do so I had to create more alts to replace them in my own Kinship to keep up the minimum # of members.

I was surprised to level two alts up to level 7 each in just a couple of hours of play time. As interesting as the intro- Epic-Quest line is I'm disappointed they were not a bit more challenging. Although I was not surprised to see that they now have a "Turbine Store" Quest, almost made me want to re-lock my houses again...

I did create my first Lore-Master but it was hard to get a feel for it in just 7 too easy to obtain levels. I already want to throttle my pet crow for his constant "cawing."

View attachment 34106

But the LM is just a “holder” and I'm going to play on and do my best once again to ignore the overt Lord-of the-Stores and continue my personal quest to save M.E.

My first goal is to finish up a few Epics and then clear out the back-log of old quests. A lot of which I will just dump as they no longer gain me anything and there are so many new level-appropriate ones that do. Although I’ll make sure that I cover all the quests with different alts since I have them assigned to completely explore different areas.

And what are you doing in Middle Earth these days?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd still like to finish the epic storyline. But I didn't like Moria so I'll have to level a bit more outside. My main then got "stuck" in Goblin Town. Now things would be nastier since I don't have my houses anymore (stupid real-life time triggered upkeep) and can't really craft at a good pace.

Plus I don't own any quest packs and if I wanted to re-join I couldn't make a decision whether to get them or re-subscribe as VIP. It's impossible to decide between those two since they can and will make changes to VIP and what's included.

So I did nothing. The only thing I'm playing these days is guitar.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I saw you online the other day; I am still clearing up deeds and quests - I see that the creators have put some new quests in old places, such as Evendim, to fill up the "quest packs" for the free players to buy. They are greyed out but I still found them mildly interesting, since I do not care about levelling up. I am in Forochel grinding out Kalpa-Kitties and thinking about getting around to some of the Fellowship quests I have had sitting around for ages. Finally made it into Carn Dum, though I need a lockpick to make it into the far reaches it seems...

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm doing the free play as a Dwarf in Ered Luin doing the prologue quests. It was fairly fast to level up but I don't know a lot yet. (about the game)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome aboard! :clap:

At its core the game is great; you can't beat the story line, the graphics are excellent, the number & types of quests available are huge, the class types & play styles are different, there are tons of "things" to do and of course the community is very friendly & helpful.

Enjoy exploring Middle Earth!!
:thumup:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is why I came back to play :joy: & I have some hope for the Turbine Developers despite all their recent gaffs. :halo:

Just a screenshot to not spoil it but this quest line was unique, very interesting & oh so cool for a Middle Earth Lore geek! :thumup:

View attachment 34185

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd still like to finish the epic storyline. But I didn't like Moria so I'll have to level a bit more outside. My main then got "stuck" in Goblin Town. Now things would be nastier since I don't have my houses anymore (stupid real-life time triggered upkeep) and can't really craft at a good pace.

Plus I don't own any quest packs and if I wanted to re-join I couldn't make a decision whether to get them or re-subscribe as VIP. It's impossible to decide between those two since they can and will make changes to VIP and what's included.

So I did nothing. The only thing I'm playing these days is guitar.
Turbine is just not ... capable ... of giving any reasonable deal even if they want to.

So today you get 30% off any shop cart 5000 points or more. So I make another attempt to buy what I need. Guess what? No go. One of the things I need to get is shared vault and wardrobe space. I need several of the shop items that have 10 slots each. Cost 595 points.

But alas the stupid shop is broken in that you cannot change the quantity of shared vault and wardrobe space. You can only buy them 10 slots at a time. That has never been a problem. But now I cannot stack them to take advantage of the deal.

So I did nothing.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I made it back in.

What a hassle with broken shop cart and broken RoI key adding (pretends to force you into VIP but actually doesn't even let you if you try). Spent a points package on Premium stuff to get me a useful working set. Let's see where it leads. Using the 25% +XP item to get another character through the Trollshaws and through Moria without losing my mind.

Lucky for Turbine I caught a great concert in Michel Delving last evening. Without those players their game would be worthless. They need to learn to appreciate that.