Philippe Briaux is still hospitalized in Cleveland

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Can never understand not having it when going OS.

Foregoing $100 or so up front and maybe not needing it compared to coughing up $100K if something does happen with that 1 in 10,000 chance event.

So many stories of Aussies hopping on a $100 return flight to Bali, hiring a moped and not wearing a helmet and then ending up in hospital crying poor they can't afford the $100K medivac flight back to Oz.

andrea pagni

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
well.. maybe travelling on the plane in first class could solve the problem of sitting.. those places can be easily turned in beds..

:)

get well Philippe!

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sorry to hear this. My best wishes for a quick recovery, Philippe.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using the address Ray provided upstream, I just sent Philippe some reading material.
I also slid in some cash in the card I sent. I think he will run low on cash as he won't be able to get to an ATM and presently he won't be able to use his credit card for any sundries he wants. I figured the cash he can get a hospital volunteer to get him some things on the side...newspapers, etc. he might want. Something to think about if anyone sends him stuff too.

Chris Drake

Capitalist Pig
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is terrible, I didn't attend ASLOK or even know Phillippe but I feel bad for him and his wife. I would gladly kick in a few bucks to a go fund me campaign to help out with expenses.

Reactions: DC

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just talked to Philippe on the phone. He sounded optimistic about getting back to France before too long although it didn’t sound like all the details have been finalized.

I plan to stop by the hotel tonight to loan him some form of iPad or something to allow him to communicate with the outside world.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I hear in the hospital, cigarettes are a form of currency ;)
I think it only *feels* like prison.

I just talked to Philippe on the phone. He sounded optimistic about getting back to France before too long although it didn’t sound like all the details have been finalized.

I plan to stop by the hotel tonight to loan him some form of iPad or something to allow him to communicate with the outside world.
Awesome. Let us know if there are particular other needs, please. I'd like to help out if possible/needed, just like to target accurately.

Reactions: DC

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
well.. maybe travelling on the plane in first class could solve the problem of sitting.. those places can be easily turned in beds..

:)

get well Philippe!
I was thinking this as well. A buddy took an OS trip in first class and his seat/chair (un)folded into a bed.

This is just such a bummer to hear about.

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

If you (or anyone) hears anything about how long he will be in country, please post here. If he is going to be here for a while longer (week or so), I will amazon him some sort of reading material.

Peace

Roger

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Philippe, my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Now if anyone has counters to be clipped, I’ll bet I know someone who has some time

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States

Great, Brett! Have Philippe teach you some not so nice French words that I am sure he has been uttering since his fall.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well, knowing in general terms which region of France he's from isn't going to matter much - it's still a big place. That being said, I don't know where he lives - I know he's a member of a Paris-based club, but that doesn't mean he lives there.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, knowing in general terms which region of France he's from isn't going to matter much - it's still a big place. That being said, I don't know where he lives - I know he's a member of a Paris-based club, but that doesn't mean he lives there.
Yes, it is a big country. But pretend some one answered he is from X village, which might be small or medium...it would not be too hard in this day and age to find out where exactly he lived...even in a city it could be done. And that could lead to trouble.

I posted that answer out of an abundance of caution for his sake and more so for his family.

I firmly believe no one should answer that post with anywhere* near a direct answer.

If they want to help Philippe they know exactly where to send money, gifts, flowers, ABtF copy to sell on e-bay for his expenses...etc. And that is to the address Ray posted up stream. The rest of us DO NOT need to know exactly where he lives. Those Frenchmen who know exactly where he lives, are doing there thing behind the scenes and we should leave at that.