PhD Reserves

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hey chaps,

The reserves seem to be a little bit different to normal in PhD.

What happens to unactivated reserves at CGs end? I presume they are released and can redeploy as normal but I don't see this anywhere.

Secondly, the reserves may take no action whatsoever. OK. Fine. However also in C5. 31 b it states that no non reserve unit may enter or setup in the same location as a reserve unit. Does that mean my opponent can't enter my hex?

Any help appreciated,

B e n

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey chaps,

What happens to unactivated reserves at CGs end? I presume they are released and can redeploy as normal but I don't see this anywhere.

Secondly, the reserves may take no action whatsoever. OK. Fine. However also in C5. 31 b it states that no non reserve unit may enter or setup in the same location as a reserve unit. Does that mean my opponent can't enter my hex?

Any help appreciated,

B e n
Since C5.31 indicates that these forces are considered reinforcements, it is implied that at the conclusion of the scenario they would be available for the next TM scenario as on-map units unless one would be inclined (for whatever unknown reason) to retain them as reserves [EXC: If activated during the current scenario]. One would think this is fairly self evident, but it could be a little clearer I suppose.

As for the 2nd question, the sentence that denotes a non-reserve unit may not enter a reserve unit's location also states one may not set up in such a location with a non-reserve unit as well. Again, since the entire section deals with the purchase, deployment and options for a single side's units, it is strongly inferred that this restriction applies only to "friendly" units. Again this could be a bit clearer but an enemy unit would be unable to set up in such a reserve location and it is highly unlikely that it would not be activated prior to an enemy unit entering its location though for the sake of clarity perhaps deleting the word "known" from bullet c) 2 or adding a 4th bullet to include an enemy unit entering its location could be in order.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey chaps,

Any help appreciated,

B e n
See ConPh C5.6(e)

Secondly, an enemy unit would activate the Reserve unit as per ConPh C5.31 (c) second bullet point

Lorenzo26

bleu de chez bleu
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
George,

about C5.31(c) activation is effective only by KEU or all units ?

Laurent