PF/PSK and Interior Factory Hexes

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
All

This came up at Heroes at the weekend and a quick ask of the room came up with pretty much a 50:50 split. Can you fire a PF/PSK into an interior Factory hex, ie. one with +1 factory TEM?

Rules refs would be nice :)

In the end we just diced for it as we couldn't decide and myself and my opponent had differing opinions (for differing reasons!)

Cheers

Ian

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I'd say yes.
A factory is a building, and there is no exception cited in C 8.31 rule about factories being treated otherwise than buildings for HEAT HE equivalency vs. infantry (firing against an AFV would cause me even less problems).
Note, alsol, that C13.8 specifies that there is no backblast penalty firing from a factory hex.
Thus PF/PSk are really deadly in a factory!

Usually, if something is not prohibited in the rules, you can do it. :!:

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd say no.

C8.31 specifically says that HE Equivalency may only be used versus Infantry/Cavalry "receiving a wall/building/rubble/pillbox TEM".

B23.741 distinguishes between when to apply Factory TEM and when to apply Building TEM for a Factory. There is a clear difference between the two, and the circumstances determine which one to apply.

Factory TEM is not the same as Building TEM. Therefore, HE Equivalency does not -- cannot -- apply.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hey, Bruce makes me doubt seriously!
But he hasn't me fully converted... :wink:

Only one solution remains : send Perry Cocke your question and we will all be happy to have an "authorized" answer... :)

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PF in Factory

Gents,

IIRC one of the older fanzines had an article that mentioned the ability to use Heat against a unit in a factory.

However, a Perry Sez maybe within the last year clarified that you cannot.

Chas

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This very forum has a Perry Sez listed for this question in the "Unofficial Perry Sez Collection".

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Many thanks for that one guys, we rolled for it and the dice must have known the right answer as they came down on the side of Perry ;)

Cheers

Ian

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
So, I now am converted! :wink:
I do also believe one cannot fire HEAT against Infantry in a Rooftop location, or is my religion still heretic here?

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would it be safe to assume that if HEAT can not be fired into a Factory that a unit in a factory could fire out of the factory without suffering backblast?...hmm actually nothing is safe to assume with ASL :?
Victor

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cant make a specific rules reference right now, but you can fire SCW from within Factory with no backblast penalty.

Chas