Perry Sez Q&A on Game Squad in a PDF file

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Some time ago I went through all the ASL Q&A posted here on Game Squad and collected them in a MS Word file. I did some formatting, spell-checking, removed ASLSK questions, threads that weren't Q&A, added rules references, etc.

I’ve put them up as a PDF-file on my homepage (http://www.klasm.com)
Direct-link: http://www.klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html

Hopefully I can keep it updated and I will probably do some more formatting, etc. later on as well.

If anyone has any improvement suggestions, then please let me know.

Version 3 posted (2010-02-22). There also now a version in which the additions from previous version are marked in yellow. And a Version History Listing on the first page.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Some time ago I went through all the ASL Q&A posted here on Game Squad and collected them in a MS Word file. I did some formatting, spell-checking, removed ASLSK questions, threads that weren't Q&A, added rules references, etc.

I’ve put them up as a PDF-file on my homepage (http://www.klasm.com)
Direct-link: http://www.klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html

Hopefully I can keep it updated and I will probably do some more formatting, etc. later on as well.

If anyone has any improvement suggestions, then please let me know.
Thanks Klas. Your ASL citizenship is admirable.

Do you know if the GameSquad PerrySez subforum also have all of the PerrySez that Sam Belcher has compiled on his web page?

http://dicetower.com/ASL/PerrySez/Index.htm

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Great Idea, Klas!

I'd suggest perhaps adding a "last update" date to the file.
That is already in place:
Version: 2
Last update: 2010-02-14

It is on the last page. Perhaps it would be better to have it on the first page?

And if you like, feel free to take any Q&A from my site and incorporate it.
Thank you. I will do that.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Thx, thx and a lot of thx.
Very interesting and needed addition to the existing Q&A files.

Miguel

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a very nice Q & A to have. I have already printed it out to keep with my RB. I have a bunch of Perry Sez that I sent in over the years. I do not think I posted all of them here. I will try to get them up or to you, Klas. If you able to keep this updated it will be a great benefit to the ASL community in addition to Sam B's Q & A site.

Placing the update date at the beginning would be good.

Thanks,
Seth

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Excellent job, Klas. The only suggestion I can think of is to include "SEE PRIOR ENTRY" notices like the official Q&A has (nevermind that they are links on the webpage, I believe, but it's still very handy when printed out).

I could probably write you a quick program that would help with that if you're interested.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Version 3 posted (2010-02-22).

Version History Listing added on the first page.

There is also now a version of the PDF file in which the additions from previous version are marked in yellow.

micky

That costs HOW much now??
Reaction score
cool... printing that out... this one caught my eye though..

since I don't have J8 yet.... does this apply to 'fortified' buildings and upper levels of buildings where guns are allowed to set up by C2.7?

C2.7
Would like clarification whether the 88 Pak43 can set up unlimbered in a building?
A. The PaK 43 cannot set up in a building. A2.9 would apply; errata to follow.
[See errata from ASL Journal 8]

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
cool... printing that out... this one caught my eye though..

since I don't have J8 yet.... does this apply to 'fortified' buildings and upper levels of buildings where guns are allowed to set up by C2.7?

C2.7
Would like clarification whether the 88 Pak43 can set up unlimbered in a building?
A. The PaK 43 cannot set up in a building. A2.9 would apply; errata to follow.
[See errata from ASL Journal 8]
No, there is an exception in C2.7 for fortified buildings, so those rules till apply.
The answer to the Q&A should probably have included an Exception for a fortified building, B23.93: "...Any type/target size of Gun may set up in the ground level of a Fortified Building..."

The errata that sort of (IMO) made this Q&A obsolete was the addition of "weapon" in A2.9.
From J8:
A2.9: In line 1, add “/weapon” after “unit”.

micky

That costs HOW much now??
Reaction score
No, there is an exception in C2.7 for fortified buildings, so those rules till apply.
The answer to the Q&A should probably have included an Exception for a fortified building, B23.93: "...Any type/target size of Gun may set up in the ground level of a Fortified Building..."

The errata that sort of (IMO) made this Q&A obsolete was the addition of "weapon" in A2.9.
From J8:
A2.9: In line 1, add “/weapon” after “unit”.
thanks... just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something in J8 that might effect a game I have going on.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is already in place:
Version: 2
Last update: 2010-02-14

It is on the last page. Perhaps it would be better to have it on the first page?
In the footer. If any of the hard copy pages become separated from the rest, you still know what version that particular page comes from.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
In the footer. If any of the hard copy pages become separated from the rest, you still know what version that particular page comes from.
Good idea. I'll put the version number in the footer in the next version.

Last edited: