Perimeter Tournament Screen Shots & Discussion

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you both mean the captured Panther in Aug 44, a veteran would cost the Russkis 617 purchase points, which means buying just 4 would set them back a whopping 2468 pts out of their 3000 pt allotment, that's pretty steep..

By comparison, a vet Stalin 2 in the same period costs a lot less, 232 pts, and a vet T-34/85 comes dirt cheap at 173 pts.

I set Perimeter in May 45 simply so both sides would get the best big-hitting tanks of WW2, for example the Russkis can have Stalin 3's.
Also in May 45 the Germans can buy Jagdtigers, as at least one of my Russian opponents will be finding out..;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- academy

Okimaw's Russians go for the fords and bridge but my panzers stand their ground..

The German view. The panzer at bottom has just arrived and is in the act of pivoting to face the enemy.
(note the 2 Stalins (ringed) that my pair of panzers earlier got pings against)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- coastal village

My Russian tank relief thrust (top left) helps break Andre's 3x Hetzer steel wall that was containing my beach-head.
The 3x T-34's near the water's edge killed the other 2 Hetzers but I lost 2 of them

A relieving T-34 catches the last Hetzer napping..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- academy

Oh great, my Russian platoon only runs into Herrbixx's 3 German guns..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- sailing club

Herrbixx's beast must die!
It was just sitting there on turn 1 waiting for my Russians so I hurled everything I'd got at it, (6x T-34/85's and 2x SU-100's).
It fired back a few times and killed a T-34 but then my boys scored a couple of partial penetrations and maybe a gun hit, and the beast reversed back into the trees to lick its wounds..

I still don't know what the monster is, a King Tiger maybe, but I intend hunting it down, so stay tuned to this same bat-channel at this same bat-time for the next thrilling instalment..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

As CMant's T-34's advance down the narrow isthmus towards the boathouse, a German squad pops up and fires 2 fausts in quick succession at the leading tank, but both miss! (the second one is seen here as a grey dot in mid-flight at the tip of the small white arrow)

The second T-34 returns fire and the squad crawls away like a whipped pup (inset)..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- academy

The battle for the Academy continues as Okimaw plays his trump card in the form of 2x Stalins.
My panzer pair again emerge from behind the Academy hoping for more side shots but find themselves staring down the barrel of a 122mm gun..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Michael Dorosh's SU's wipe out a panzer in the first few seconds of turn 1, I thought the trees would be thick enough to conceal the panzer, just sloppy play by me plain and simple..

Then a few seconds later he wipes out my Hetzer, I sent it down the road to get payback against the SU's but I messed up the move plot and it dithered about instead of turning smartly to face its front armour at them, more sloppy play again..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- marshes

Huzaar's gun perched on the hilltop at left takes out an SU-100 as my Russian battlegroup picks its way through the treacherous bogs..

The guns high well-camouflaged position dominates the marshes..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- academy

The relentless battle for the Academy continues raging as Okimaw's 2x Stalins begin edging menacingly towards the bridge, so I order my panzer column to blow it in their faces,
The Russian behemoths will still be able to use a ford of course, but will lose valuable time re-routing..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

My two Russian tank groups hunt down and slay Herrbixx's monster..

The fatal blow is delivered by this SU-100..

Wildly bellowing like the hound of the baskervilles, the beast is trapped with its back to the water and butchered..
I still haven't got positive I.D. on it, whether Tiger or Kingtiger etc..
(edit- later when my troops got up to the wreck to pick over it I found out it was a standard Tiger VIE)

Noob note- that's the only way to kill beasts, mercilessly club them to death with a hail of shots..

Last edited:

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm lapping up these screenshots Mick. Cant wait to see your JagdTigers in action. A SturmTiger would have been better. Ive only ever bought 1 of those and my opponent was fairly surprised by it.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PRE-COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Combat Wombat's German scientists wheel out their latest fearsome wunder-weapon, giving rise to Allied speculation that it may be flouting the Geneva Convention on inhumane grounds..

What do you say doctor, should my Russians hide from it down a mineshaft?

" Well let's see now....ah...cobalt thorium G.....radioactive half-life of uh,... hmm.... it would not be difficult mein Fuhrer,...er Herr POS..., I would not rule out the chance to preserve a nucleus of human specimens.The radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep. nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinitely. Greenhouses could maintain plantlife. Animals could be bred and slaughtered.."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Huzaar's gun at top right ambushes one of my Russian battlegroups as it advances towards the lake, so I throw everything back at it.. (red targeting lines)

FOOTNOTE- Next turn the gun was knocked out but not before it'd taken 2 of my tanks with it..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- academy

Okimaw began area-firing into the Academy last turn, so I ordered my panzers to lay down a blocking smokescreen.
But while they're doing it he catches them off guard by ferociously hurling his 2x Stalins at them and the shooting starts. I decide to let the panzers stand fast and try to brutally club the beasts down, and my luck holds as I score a turret partial pen..

The panzers view..

EDIT to update- next turn the beast took another turret partial pen and went down as if poleaxed..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- marshes

Combat Wombat intercepts my Russian battlegroup with 2x assault guns, stopping my infantry line in its tracks; my armour are as useless as a dead dingos donger busy weaving their way around the bogs..

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What was the eventual breakdown of people who took Russians and people who took Germans Mick? I think the overall consensus was that the Germans were a shoe in to win this one, although several theories were presented.

Cheers!

Leto

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
May 5th - So far 9 have chosen to be Russian, and 11 chose German)

Airborne Bob (Ger)
Andre (Ger)
Combat Wombat (Ger)
Der Kuenstler (Ger)
ER Chaser (Ger)
Herrbixx (Ger)
Huzaar (Ger)
Mugger2006 (Ger)
Red Devil (Ger)
RNL Tiger (Ger)
Seel (Ger)

Bert Blitzkrieg (Russ)