Perimeter Tournament Screen Shots & Discussion

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- coastal village

Andre's Germans have pinned my Russian invasion force in their beach-head for the best part of 17 turns, but now my 2-tank relief column (bottom left) arrives and begins helping to crush the Germans in the perimeter (blue dotted line). The church is the first to go..
There are 4 wrecked Hetzers and 2 wrecked T-34/85's in this view.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- marshes

Combat Wombat hurls a spearhead of 3x German assault guns into the flank of my Russian armour, I halt and return fire, scoring 2 partial pens but the ass guns keep firing and I lose a T-34.
I'm getting a bad feeling about this..

The German view.
My guess is they're Hetzers because most of the Russki shots are pinging..
Too late for the Russkis to do anything about it now except stand their ground and exchange broadsides to the last tank standing. Stay tuned to this bat-channel for the next thrilling instalment..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Achtung! Raus! Schnell! scream my panicking German garrison as Odie's T-34 column hits them not from the sea as they'd expected, but from the side in a surprise attack through the rocky ground, demolishing the village house by house as they roll forward!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Airborne Bob's flame guy takes on my Russian invasion force as it progresses inland..

EDIT update- next turn the flame guy was quickly terminated..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- sailing club

CMant's T-34 column races down the isthmus at high speed running the gauntlet of fausts..

And achieves a stunning breakthrough at the cost of one wrecked T-34..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- academy and valley

MEDIC! MEDIC!- Stndrtnfhr wipes out 5 of my panzers in one turn!

These 3 were the first to go, I sent them on 'fast' to deal with a heavy SU that was shelling the academy, but I was too gung-ho and didn't maintain tight 'hunt' formation and got picked off by the SU and its pal. My boys fired back 3 times on the move but all missed..

And these two panzers went next when a gun opened up from down the valley, both tanks were dead before the invisible gun was even spotted..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MEMO TO ALL COMBATANTS

Some players are already on turn 17 or more, whereas some other players are still only on turn 1, that's absolutely fine, but from now on I'm going to slow down my file-return rate to faster players, and speed it up to the slower players so that the tourney won't be so lop-sided..:)

Remember, the tourney ends on June 30th (7 weeks away) so if we all pace ourselves so that the first games begin ending around mid-June, the whole tourney will have a more comfortable spread-out feel to it over its 8-week duration..:)

So just play at whatever easy pace you feel comfortable with to ensure your game ends sometime in the second half of June, there's no rush..:)

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
POS the brave, the ruthless, the ... , the picture-nice-I-Like-it-bud ...

Just one small note: I cannot imagine how much energy you have to put into this great wonderful screenshots, I truly like them a lot and enjoy them :) ---- but if possible, just as a friendly reminder to you (although officially my enemy :D )---- some of your screenshots actually revealed non-trivial intelligence to your opponents, which might hurt yourself in the gameplay ---- but it is up to you, of course, to decide whether to spend even more time to edit those pictures then :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
-- some of your screenshots actually revealed non-trivial intelligence to your opponents...

Hush! I deliberately let them see only what I WANT them to see..;)
For example if I 'accidentally' overlook one of my lurking Hetzers in a distant background corner of a shot, it might be because I want my oppo to see it in the shot and re-route his units to avoid it, thereby walking into a trap I've set for him just off-screen..:)
Hey what a laugh if I doctored a shot now and again by pasting imported images of Jagdtigers or Abrams all over the pic to really throw him, ha ha ha..:)

But just for the record I never doctor shots like that; the only things I sometimes add are arrows to show which direction units are moving, and targeting lines and muzzle blasts etc to clarify who was shooting at who, for maximum dramatic effect..:)

War photographers Normandy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PS- ANOTHER THING

Any contestant or anybody else can go look at the screenshots and add his own comments anytime he likes throughout the whole tourney..:)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Der Kuenstler's Germans have garrisoned this key wood which guards the approach to the flag in background; my T-34's can't see deeply enough into the trees to engage them so i send in a massive infantry attack to flush them out..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Mugger's German guns continue to bleed my armour force white; this is the 4th T-34 to fall victim to his Paks..

The guns view, it was covering the road and I walked right into it..
It fired twice before it was even spotted, but now my infantry begin engaging it and the crew hit the dirt..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- marshes

Combat Wombat's 3x assault guns (Hetzers?) and my 4x T-34/85's can't quite see each other so I order the T-34's to area-fire as near to possible to them in the hope of blowing off a track or hurting an unbuttoned commander..

It works! After a turn of area-firing this one is immobilised..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE-railstation

Gun gun gun!
Michael Dorosh's Russian infantry converge on the station in a feeding frenzy so I hurl a panzer column to ward them off but his gun takes out the panzer leader..

The guns view..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Airborne Bob's Panther intercepts my battlegroup and fires first, but misses, it had its chance..

My T-34/85's return fire and the Panther takes a turret pen and abandons a few seconds later, nothing personal Fritz but you were trying to kill me..

"He was trying to drink at our well""

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

As my Russians club the club in the background, the first elements of Seel's panzer reserve begin arriving.
I'm getting a bad feeling about this..

And at the same time on the other side of the map in the marshes sector he commits more panzers (including a Kingtiger) to take on my other Russian battlegroup.
I'm getting a bad feeling here too..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP!

To any latecomers to this stunning thread who want to sign up for the Perimeter Tournament, do it!
I mean, it doesn't end til June 30th (6 weeks away), so all you have to do is play ONE GAME of 25+ turns before then, and whoever beats me by the highest margin will have a silver trophy sitting on his mantelpiece to catch the sacred beams of the midsummer sun like the heelstone at Stonehenge, piece o' cake..:)

That's the difference between my short simple "one game" tournaments and conventional long multiple-round tourneys, you only have to play one single game in mine..:)

Drop me a mail saying you want in, choose your side and i'll send you a copy of the map and file 001 (or you can set it up if you like), then just buy your 'toys' (Jagdtigers, Stalin 3's or anything you like), and we're away..;)

"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
That puts it not unto the touch,
To win or lose it all"
-James Graham, Marquis of Montrose

pooroldspike@aol.com

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Der Kuenstler's Germans give my Russian infantry a bloody nose..
Even with T-34's in close support, his gun and infantry cut down my boys as they attempt to cross nomansland..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MEMO TO ALL CONTESTANTS

Play at whatever speed you like..:)
Forget what I said before about how the tourney might look lopsided if some people finish their games early.
So from now on if you like playing fast, play fast, and if you like playing at a slower pace, play slower, whatever floats yer boat..:)
I'll post each result the instant they come in whether tomorrow or the next day, next week or next month..:)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

As my Russian battlegroup advances on the club, Combat Wombat hurls 3 x PzIV's to intercept..

The 6x T-34/85's fight for their lives and the odds are with them; the action ends with 3 panzers and 2 T-34's wrecked..
(edit- I later discovered 1 panzer was still alive and kicking, it killed a T-34, making the score 2 panzers wrecked, 3 T-34's wrecked)

Last edited: