Perimeter Tournament Screen Shots & Discussion

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE-academy

Mugger's
invisible gun (circled) kills 2 of my halftracks.
Rather than going for a risky bridge crossing, I sent these 4 halftracks racing fast to look for a side door into the Academy, hoping to catch the Germans by surprise..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MEMO to all contestants- make sure you understand the deployment zones; one guy has just surrendered because he misunderstood, all his Germans were facing towards the centre of the map instead of towards the outside and he lost 3 King Tigers on turn 1 when I invaded from the sea and shot them all in the back, we won't bother reporting the result on the ladder.

PS- In fairness to him, he was a young noob and it is a difficult map and not for fainthearts, so full marks to him for giving it a go, he's made of the right stuff..
At least one former tourney winner and a former ladder champion dropped out even before the start because they "didn't like" the map..;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE -academy

As Okimaw's huge Red Army steamrollers towards the Academy, I commit 3 panzer detachments in an attempt to check its remorseless advance..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE - near airfield

CMant's Yak is back!
As my panzers struggle to sort themselves out after the previous rocket attack, they're mercilessly hit again..

Despite my flak chattering away, nothing deters the Russian pilot from targeting the panzer leader..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay 205 and RD, send the first files of your 'spring offensive' whenever you like, hey this Perimeter threads already drawn 1000 views and its only been up a week, and there are still another 8 weeks to the June 30th finish..:)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- sailing club

ER Chaser's lone German squad guarding the narrow approach to the boathouse opens fire on a Russian patrol, forcing it to hit the dirt..

Last edited:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
That is my only hope, POS, to resist the ruthless godless communists ... :p

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- forest

CMant at last breaks the Germans in the forest outpost and his armour begins pouring through towards the big beckoning airfield flag in the background..

while during the same turn his Yak-9 makes it's third rocket attack against my bruised and battered panzer column..

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The original thread said Aug 44

Why do the screenshots say May 1945?

When I went to purchase forces for my set up, I noticed the map set to May 1945 also. I did my battle drills and rehearsals with August 1944 forces.

Which is correct?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The original thread said Aug 44
Why do the screenshots say May 1945?

May 45 is correct; the original thread in the general forum was just an 'introductory preview' of a work in progress, for example you'll notice in the earliest screenshots that the map was incomplete, then later in the thread it was more complete, and the parameters were finalised (May 45).
Then when all the work was finally completed that preview thread was discontinued and the tourney was given its own thread in the proper tourney section.
Rest assured everybody has got exactly the same map and parameters, it became immovably set in stone the instant it was launched in the tourney section..:)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE -academy

Okimaw's two Stalins have been sitting up ahead for several turns, so I task this pair of panzers to go hit them where it hurts- in the sides..

Ha ha ha (insert forced laugh emoticon here), my shots just ping..

Aerial view of the action..
(Footnote- the 2 panzers successfully reversed to safety next turn before the Stalins could return fire)

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
May 45 is correct; the original thread in the general forum was just an 'introductory preview' of a work in progress, for example you'll notice in the earliest screenshots that the map was incomplete, then later in the thread it was more complete, and the parameters were finalised (May 45).
Then when all the work was finally completed that preview thread was discontinued and the tourney was given its own thread in the proper tourney section.
Rest assured everybody has got exactly the same map and parameters, it became immovably set in stone the instant it was launched in the tourney section..:)
Well that sucks. Out of curiousity, why the change? There was a specific piece of valuable equipment available to the Russians in Aug 44 that is not available in May 45. Maybe you know what I'm talking about. It was going to come in handy but I guess not any longer.

I'll have to delay my set up to you, now, but I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else is doing. Nice combat trials. :) We have til June...I'll try and get my game set up over the weekend.

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
hehe .. side armor bounce ? isn't that a big surprise? :)
How about 88mm direct hit within 200m and still bounce off? :) That is mr. oki with his JS2 in the game with ME!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well that sucks. Out of curiousity, why the change? There was a specific piece of valuable equipment available to the Russians in Aug 44 that is not available in May 45..

You think Russian equipment is better in Aug 44 than May 45?
Tell us more, we're all listening, right Spock?

"Yes I'm all ears"..

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
You think Russian equipment is better in Aug 44 than May 45?
Tell us more, we're all listening, right Spock?

"Yes I'm all ears"..
Who said it was Russian? It is available in the Russian OOB in Aug 44 but not in May 45. It is definitely better than the PzKpfw IV it would have faced off against, not to mention the Sherman, KV or T-34. But it ain't Russian. :D

Would have had great shock value too. I couldn't wait to use them on your Krauts....