Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. The pitch before he threw a curve essentially at his head, he ducked, and it was right over the middle.
Doubled up on the curve in a different location and he was totally fooled. Was essentially a check swing.

He had 13K on 79 pitches, heavy 2 seam and curve topped at 82mph.

Our pitcher the next day went head to head against Miss st commit; we won 3-0. Got up to 91mph, 7 inn, 8 K, 0 BB, only needed 71 pitches. Was a crazy stretch of success for us. Got knocked out of tournament next game in extra innings.

Tons of fun. Way better than being cooped up at home.

Congrats to your son!

Did that last guy try to bunt?

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Follow up on this. My son is committed to Florida State College - Jacksonville, a JUCO.

Our team, for mostly a bunch of south Ga boys, and not flying kids across the country, capped off a 10 year run with a great 2021. Ranked #82 in country out of over 5,000 teams. Record was 39-12. Every player committed D1, D2, or JUCO except one. That dude got hurt and in first HS game this week first 3 AB hit HRs, so he will not be uncommitted for long!

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Follow up on this. My son is committed to Florida State College - Jacksonville, a JUCO.

Our team, for mostly a bunch of south Ga boys, and not flying kids across the country, capped off a 10 year run with a great 2021. Ranked #82 in country out of over 5,000 teams. Record was 39-12. Every player committed D1, D2, or JUCO except one. That dude got hurt and in first HS game this week first 3 AB hit HRs, so he will not be uncommitted for long!
Congrats on his commitment Chas! Remember he can always transfer to Mississippi State after his two years at JUCO!

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
College athletics -- or rather watching your child compete in college athletics -- is an absolute blast. I made to every college meet my son wrestled it, except one, in five years. That includes red shirt competition.

Congrats to your son on his hard work and dedication. Congratulations to you on supporting him through the process.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Cool!

OK, but the topic makes me ask, what's the definition of a perfect game of ASL?

To me, it goes down to the last half of the last turn:
  1. A rout causes a unit/game loss (or failure to take objective) due to well positioned ENEMY units, or,
  2. A final Advancing Fire wins the game (almost last dice roll), or,
  3. The quintessential last CC dice roll for the win!
#3 is my favorite...that's a "perfect ASL game"...even if I do lose to chance. LOL!