Pelosi to unilaterally postpone the State of the Union

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apparently, the State of the Union requires a joint sponsoring resolution. Due to the government shutdown, Pelosi has written to Trump:

“Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has reopened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th.”

https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/16/pelosi-asks-trump-to-reschedule-state-of-the-union/
https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/16/pelosi-denies-trump-a-national-tv-audience/

Sounds good to me. The state of the government is currently, utterly, broken. At least until we have a President and party who realize that the majority party does not have to vote for what the minority wants under the threat of withholding 800,000 paychecks.

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apparently, the State of the Union requires a joint sponsoring resolution. Due to the government shutdown, Pelosi has written to Trump:

“Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has reopened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th.”

https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/16/pelosi-asks-trump-to-reschedule-state-of-the-union/
https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/16/pelosi-denies-trump-a-national-tv-audience/

Sounds good to me. The state of the government is currently, utterly, broken. At least until we have a President and party who realize that the majority party does not have to vote for what the minority wants under the threat of withholding 800,000 paychecks.
Trump will do the address from the Oval Office if the libtards in congress are to cowardly to face their own music.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I long wondered why Nancy Pelosi was the subject of so much GoP vitriol. Now I know, she is one of their most formidable opponents.

In the past it was Stephanie Clifford (Stormy Daniels) who spanked Spanky with a Forbes magazine, now it's Nancy Pelosi spanking him with a copy of your constitution. She will make him her bitch.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
she is one of their most formidable opponents.
She will go down as one of the greatest speaker of the house in our history, a Henry Clay of the 21st century. I mean she trolled Trump so well. Trump's retaliation is sweet vindication that he is the most easily manipulated person on the planet.

But we need some subpoenas please.

Sand Bar Bill

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like Pelosi. No matter who was the Democratic house speaker, he/she would be hated.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Now Spanky has learnt for the first time in his life that when a woman says "No" she means "No".

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like Pelosi. No matter who was the Democratic house speaker, he/she would be hated.
The irony/hypocrisy of the lefty/libtards...all for the little guy and minorities, yet keep voting for (and supporting) rich, old, white people.

Tater

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The libtard lunacy...

Trump is responsible for everything happening in the country...except the red hot economy.

Schumer and Pelosi have been in congress for 30+ years...but all our problems are because of Trump who has been in office 2+ years.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The libtard lunacy...

Trump is responsible for everything happening in the country...except the red hot economy.

Schumer and Pelosi have been in congress for 30+ years...but all our problems are because of Trump who has been in office 2+ years.
Pretty much the opposite of what you said when Obama was President. Everything was Obama this, Obama that...

And look at your lunacy, the Republicans have been there just as long but 2 short years ago it was all Obama.