Pegasus Bridge : Howard's men ( use of German gun)

GVL

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I think the British can't use the German gun in this scenario. They can use German SW because the British are Elite.
There is not written they can use German Guns.
Is this right?

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Unless any SSR to the contrary, they can use captured weapons (including Guns) per A21.1.

I.e. a British Crew may fire the Gun by lowering the ROF by 1 and the B# by 2, while a British non-Crew MMC must double those penalties.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SSR 2: If a British MMC sets up in hex X20, the Gun may be possessed.

The SSR plus the rules for captured and non-qualified use mean that the Brits can fire the Gun, albeit with penalties.

The PB 15 about Ox and Bucks use of captured SW without penalty eliminates one penalty but does not change the rules related to Guns.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry, I think you may be incorrect on this. The German Gun is not a Support Weapon, right? Therefore both Capture AND Non-Qualified use penalties should apply.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Also note that if the scenario is a night one then you may cause a SAN activation or is that just for SW? Also does the OX and Bucks ability negate the SAN activation as well?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry, I think you may be incorrect on this. The German Gun is not a Support Weapon, right? Therefore both Capture AND Non-Qualified use penalties should apply.
Did not mean to imply otherwise. Just noted that for SW the penalties are NA. The guns have full penalties! We agree.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
If anyone has read Stephen Ambrose's excellent Pegasus Bridge (which I do assume most have). You will note that Wally Parr and co. after a little inspection were able to shot the gun fairly accurately (i.e water tower, chateau, and maternity hospital).