PDFs for OOP LFT magazines?

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought MMPs decision to make OOP Journals and Annuals via PDF was a great way to make the valuable resources available for those that missed out or are now entering the hobby. It leads me to wonder if LFT with its excellent magazine has thought of doing the same? If yes, are there any details you could share? If not...why not?

Thanks.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I emailed Xavier with the same suggestion a while back......................

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So I had to google Cayenne, French Guyana and now I am jealous...................:)
Looks nice, but the mosquitoes and critters are unlikely to show in the pictures... ;)

In all fairness, that wouldn't be much different in the US states on the gulf coast. At least that's my personal experience from southern Louisiana.

von Marwitz

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

FYI, we are currently "revamping" the older LFT scenarios (LFT 4 and 5) and will upload them on our website for free download.

For the magazines, we haven't decided yet what to do but we'll think about it.

Best,

X
Great, now I've got to find A4 size paper for my US printer. :)

Seriously, will look forward to checking out the older scenarios. PDFs are clearly more portable than carrying around binders of scenarios. And my junior high school French is probably not up to the translation task.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to seeing these. I’ve been interested in these out of print items for some time.

Reactions: PTY

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Though this is off the main topic of the PDF magazines, for what it is worth, I would like to suggest that scenarios designers/publishers what I will call "suggested reading" about the scenario. This can be on the card, as part of the pack, or on the publisher's website. There are a number of neat scenarios that are outside the standard Stalingrad Normandy Market-Garden line, and I would like to learn more about those situations. Again, for what it is worth

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Though this is off the main topic of the PDF magazines, for what it is worth, I would like to suggest that scenarios designers/publishers what I will call "suggested reading" about the scenario. This can be on the card, as part of the pack, or on the publisher's website. There are a number of neat scenarios that are outside the standard Stalingrad Normandy Market-Garden line, and I would like to learn more about those situations. Again, for what it is worth
This is even more off topic as this is the LFT section, but this looks like what Friendly Fire have been doing for a long time - sources on the bottom of the scenario cards.

Reactions: PTY

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note I am not picking on LFT on this issue. There are some publishers that do include such information. But I got into wargaming as an outgrowth of my interest in history, and I suspect the same is true for many other gamers.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LFT has already done this.
The second to last page of LFT 14 (the Italian 'pack') is a full color illustrated bibliography listing unit histories and other publications regarding the WWII Italian army.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi ,

There are some publishers that do include such information.
Although we don't write the sources on the scenario cards, as Schwerpunkt of Friendly Fire do, you can find on all LFT magazines and historical modules a bibliography.

LFT has already done this.
We started to do this with LFT 10, true.

Best,

X

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the info about the bibliographies in LFT. Hope maybe that can be extended to FTC, since 209 (Euphrates Clash) is among the scenarios I would like to read more about.

In a similar vein, since I am fascinated by scenarios depicting "joint task forces" between FFI and regular forces, if anyone has recommendations on books about the French (and Italian) resistance, I would be appreciative.

Stay safe all.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You could always google the date of the battle or the units involved. Nowadays it is very easy to find sources. Don't clutter up the scenario cards with easy to access information. ;)

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier,
That's fine. I hadn't seen an update in a while, so thought I would ask. Playtesting is good, too, so I'll look forward to whatever comes next.